06

Chapter six
Hungover Beatles
January 1st, 1963, New Years Day
Lucy's POV:
I woke up in a bed, Patricia next to me. I stood up and had a headache. "Great." I mumbled. I walked towards the living room, seeing the four men passed out. John was sitting upright on the couch while Paul was next to him, hanging upside down. George was laying on the chair, somehow fitting his whole body on it. Ringo was face down on the floor. "Boys?" I asked. John then snores really loud and I scoffed. "Boys. I'm assuming you're all hungover?" "Yes." Ringo's muffled voice said. George slowly opened his eyes and said "oh my god, my head." "Shh!" John shushed. Paul was still snoring quietly and I walked to the kitchen, seeing that it was pretty messy. I began to throw away all the trash and I looked for John's tea. I grabbed a pot, filling it with water and putting it on the stove. I sighed and waited for the water to boil. I went into the master bathroom and looked for aspirin or Motrin so they wouldn't have a headache. I got one for myself and took it with water. I had both pill bottles and I said "boys? Which one would you prefer? Motrin or aspirin?" "Aspirin." George said. I opened the pill bottle and handed one to him. "John?" I gently shook him and he said "Paul, leave me alone." "John. Would you like an aspirin?" He opened his eyes and said "yeah." I handed him one and he half smiled at me as he closed his eyes. "Paul." "Ugh, don't wake him up." John muttered. "He can't stay like this." John shrugged and said "too bad, so sad." I rolled my eyes at him and grabbed Paul by his shirt, and pulled him up onto the couch. "Paul. I know you're really hungover but I need you to answer a simple question. Aspirin or Motrin?" "The second one." He mumbled. I put one in his hand and said "don't lose it." "I won't." Then there was one. I nudged Ringo with my foot and he didn't move. I rolled him onto his back and shook him. John jumped up and ran to the bathroom, puking in the toilet. Paul opened his eyes and said "John?" George looked towards the hall that John just ran down, his eyes slightly widening. "Ringo. Hey." I said. The blue eyed boy opened his eyes and looked up at me. "Hiya." He said. "Which pill?" He pointed to the one in my right hand. I handed him a Motrin and I said "you wanna sit up?" He nodded and I grabbed his hand and tried to pull him up. "Ringo. You're gonna have to help me here." I set the pill bottles on the coffee table and Ringo gave me both of his hands and I pulled him to a sitting up position. Ringo brought my right hand to his lips and kissed it. My lips parted and he winked at me. I half smiled and said "you should lean against the couch." I pulled him over to the couch where he was currently slouching. John walked out of the bathroom, climbing over Ringo so he could sit back down on the couch. I walked back to the kitchen, making the four of them tea. "Take your medicine." I said to them. Patricia woke up and noticed the hungover boys. "Are they ok?" She asked me. I shrugged as I looked at them. "They should be fine." John looked over and smiled sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and Paul went to lean on John's shoulder. John pushed him to his side of the couch and Paul huffed. George had finished his tea and went to go get more. Paul shot daggers at John who was currently smirking at Paul's anger. Ringo made a drumming sound with his mouth and George sat back down with a full cup of tea. "Does anyone want more tea?" I said. Paul nodded and Patricia took his cup, walking back to the kitchen. "John? What about you?" He raised his tea cup to me and then began drinking it. I looked to George and said "is he ok?" George shrugged and Ringo said "yeah. He's always like that." John nodded and I said "ok then."

"