028

Chapter twenty eight
"I wanna marry her, George."
January 16th 1964
Ringo's POV:
I drove to George's flat. Patricia and Lucy were both working today and I needed to help me propose to Lucy. George opened the door to his flat and I walked in. "What's up with you, Ringo?" I sat down and he did the same. "I need your help with something. And if you can't help, I'll go to Paul or John but please. I need help." "Ok. What is it that you need help with?" George asked. I bit my lip and ran a hand through my hair. "It's serious." I said. George nodded and said "I can tell. Just take a deep breath and tell me." I nodded and took a breath. "I wanna marry her, George." He sat up a little and said "Lucy?" I nodded again, not being able to speak. He smiled and said "that's great! She's going to be so happy!" "You think so?" George scoffed and said "of course. She loves you. I see the way she looks at you." I half smiled and George said "I can help you. We'll plan something really cool for the two of you. I promise." "I understand you're getting ready to have a baby and everything. I don't want to impose." George rolled his eyes and said "you're not. I want to help you. Where's Lucy now?" "At work." I said. George nodded and said "are you wanting to propose to her today?" "Yeah." George nodded again and said "ok. This is what we'll do. What's one of her favorite songs on either album?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I tried to think. "She really likes I Wanna Be Your Man." I said. George clapped his hands and said "good. Ok. We'll decorate the house with roses and stuff, make it look really pretty. Unless Lucy likes different flowers." "She likes daisies but I always get her daises. We should do roses. I don't ever get her roses." I frowned a little and George patted my back. "Let's go get some. Better yet, let's have John and Paul go get them. Then, we'll decorate the house and she'll love it. And she isn't going to say no. I've seen the way she looks at you. She loves you. I know I said that already but you need the confidence." I smiled at him and said "I should be giving you advice like this. I'm older." George shrugged and said "doesn't matter. We're helping each other out aren't we?" I nodded and George went to call Paul, telling him that we needed him and John to go out and get a dozen roses. George and I went to my place and made sure it was clean. Lucy kept it pretty clean but there was some dirty clothes and some dishes. George and I cleaned the house and Paul knocked on the door. He handed me his half of the roses and John handed George the rest of them. "Why on earth did you have us go out and get roses?" John asked. George looked at me and said "wanna tell them?" Paul looked over and said "what's going on?" I sighed and said "I'm going to ask Lucy to marry me." Paul smiled and said "that's great, Ringo." John patted my back and said "Lucy's a good one. Don't let her go." "You guys are fine with it?" I said. Paul nodded and said "I like having Lucy around." John and Paul ended up helping George and I decorate the house. George called Patricia and she came over. "You guys are going to stay?" I asked. John nodded and said "of course." "Thanks." I replied. We all waited around for Lucy to come home and when she pulled up I ran over to the record player and began playing I Wanna Be Your Man. Everyone else hid and Lucy walked through the door. She looked at the rose petals that were scattered everywhere and she said "Ringo? What's going on?" I took her purse away from her and set it on the kitchen counter. I looked over my shoulder to see George giving me a thumbs up. I sighed and swallowed my fears. I began singing the song that was currently blasting on the record player.

I want be your lover, baby
I want to be your man
I want to be your lover, baby
I want to be your man
Love you like no other, baby
Like no other can
Love you like no other, baby
Like no other can

I held the box in my hand and turned down the record. "Lucy, we've known each other for a few years now and this question has been floating around in my head since George and Patricia did it. I saw her marrying my best friend and realized that I wanted to do the same." I got on one knee and Lucy gasped. "Lucy Abbott, will you do me the honor in becoming Lucy Starkey? And let me be your man?" Lucy stared at the box in my hand and I opened it. She bit her lip and said "Richard." "Will you marry me?" I asked, terrified of the answer. "Yes. Of course I will." She said. I smiled really big and slid the ring on her finger. I stood up, kissing her lips. "Hey, she said yes!" John yelled. I picked Lucy up and spun her around. She giggled and said "I love you, Richard." I kissed her cheek multiple times and she smiled and held me closer to her. Patricia walked over and said "congratulations." She hugged Lucy and Paul waited his turn and then hugged her, pressing a kiss to her head. "I'm glad you'll be around longer." He said. Lucy said "thanks Paul." "You were one of our first supporters. I was hoping you'd stick around." John said to her. "Of course." She said. "Now all we have to do is get married. But we're going on tour." I said to Lucy. John rolled his eyes and said "the two of you can get married after tour. Brian can plan it all out." Lucy looked at me and said "is that ok?" I nodded and said "yes. That's fine. Plus when we go to America I can meet your parents." "Oh shit. Mine don't know I'm pregnant." Patricia said.

Here's the update! Sorry for not updating for a while! Agh I enjoy writing this book
~Skylar☁️🍒☁️🍒