040

Chapter forty
February 15th 1965
"I can drive!"
Lucy's POV:
Paul nudged me as we waited outside of John's house. I looked up at him and he nudged me again. "What?" I said. "He's coming." He said. I shook my head and the sound of a car erupted into the air. "Holy shit, he did it." George said. John stopped the car and we walked to the drivers side. Paul smiled and said "you did it!" John nodded and said "I can drive!" Ringo laughed and I smiled at him. "Good job, John." I said. "Thank you, Lucy." "It's about time you got your license. I thought you'd never be able to drive." George said. John rolled his eyes and said "hush." John got out of the car and Paul said "is this yours?" John nodded and said "since I can drive I got myself a car." George looked at it and said "it's nice." John bowed over dramatically causing Ringo and Paul to howl in laughter. George shook his head and said "it's almost nicer than mine." "We all know I have the best car." Ringo said. Ringo had just bought a brand new car that he would race George in. "Come off it." Paul said. Ringo gestured to his car and Paul made a face. "Where's your car?" I said to Paul. He pointed to his car which was parked across from Ringo's. George sniggered and Paul turned to look at him. Ringo chuckled and said "if we raced right now, I'd beat you." "We both would." George replied. "Oh, you're so cool." Paul said sarcastically. "Hello? I'm the one who just got my license we should be celebrating." John said as he locked his car. "That's right. And the three of you are arguing about cars." I said. George looked at Ringo who looked at Paul who looked at me. Paul held out his arm for me to take and Ringo immediately said "piss off." Now it was John's turn to snigger. George walked past us and Theta was standing with Patricia at the top of the steps. George walked up the stairs and began talking to his daughter. Patricia smiled at her husband who picked up Theta and kissed her cheek. The child giggled and a small voice was heard. "Daddy!" John turned around to see Julian trying to come down the stairs. "Ah! Don't climb down!" John said as he ran over to his son. Cynthia ran out to the porch but John had gotten to Julian. He had just begun to learn how to walk and his parents kept him away from stairs at the moment. "Son, you can't just be climbing down the stairs." John said as he picked Julian up. Julian just wrapped his arms around John's neck and Paul stared at John and Julian. "Everyone has kids but me." Paul said. "I don't have one yet." I replied. Paul looked at my stomach which was large and said "I'm pretty sure you'll have one soon." I rolled my eyes at him and said "are you ready for kids?" He shrugged and said "I don't know. I just know I'd like to have them eventually." "And you will. With the right person." I said to him. Paul nodded and we walked over to where John was standing. "Luce!" Julian said. He reached a hand for me and I said "Jules!" Julian grabbed a piece of my hair and played with it. "May I?" I asked John. He nodded and handed Julian to me. I looked up at Cynthia for permission and she nodded. Julian giggled as he pulled on my curls as they sprung back up. We all went inside John's house and I sat down, Julian in my lap. He only knew a few words but was learning quickly. He leaned his head on my stomach and Paul sat next to me. Paul poked Julian in the side and he quickly looked at Paul. Cynthia brought tea into the room and John said "I can't believe I can actually drive." George smirked and said "like I said before, I thought you'd never get it." John shook his head and said "you're never going to let it go are you?" "Nope." All the boys said. That made Cynthia giggle and Theta was sprawled out in her father's lap. Paul grabbed Julian from me and began playing with him. Julian's laughter got louder each time Paul said peek a boo. "When are you due?" John asked me. "Sometime in March but I feel like she'll come out early." I said. Ringo nodded and said "it seems like she'll be here any day now." "I know that feeling." George said. "I'm determined to make that child love me." Paul said as he ruffled Julian's hair. "And how do suppose you'll do that?" Ringo said. Paul shrugged and said "look like I'll be at your house all the time." "You don't even have to do that cause there's proof right in front of you that you're Julian's favorite. Besides his father." Cynthia said to Paul. Paul looked at Julian and said "am I your favorite?" Julian giggled but didn't answer. "He can't make sentences yet." John said. Paul huffed and said "well when he can I'll ask him again." I shook my head at him and Julian got down from his lap, walking, well stumbling to his mother. Cynthia picked him up and held him in her lap. "I challenge you to a race, Ringo." George said. "Oh yeah?" George nodded and I said "no races. I'd like my husband to be alive when our child is born, thank you." Paul patted my shoulder and said "it's ok, Lucy. If Ringo dies I'll become your husband." George and John began to crack up while Ringo said "it's not funny." Paul looked at Ringo and said "I'm joking." Paul looked serious which made John laugh even harder. "Where you laughing? I'm serious!" Paul said. George bit his lip to keep from laughing and Ringo shook his head. I leaned my head on Ringo's shoulder and he wrapped his arms around me, pressing a kiss to my head. "How about that race, Ringo?" George said. Ringo looked to me and I said "don't be stupid. And don't let yourself or George get hurt." Ringo kissed my lips and said "I won't." I nodded and George set Theta on the couch and Ringo stood up. "If you damage my car you're paying for it." Ringo said as he walked out of the room. "I have the more expensive car!" George said. John took a breath and said "I just got my license I don't have time to die." Paul giggled and Cynthia said "I'm glad." Patricia shook her head and said "if George acts stupid I'll kill him before the car does." The sound of tires screeching erupted into the air and John said "they're scuffing up the driveway!" "I hope that's all they scuff." I said.

Lmao if y'all didn't know, George and Ringo would race each other in their cars and Ringo actually got into an accident because of it. Anyways thanks for 16k!! It blows my mind that so many of you guys like this book!
~Skylar🍒☁️🍒☁️