Notes and FAQ :)

Thank you so much for checking out my work, I really appreciate it :) Do let me know what you think about it, or have fun lurking, I'm just really glad that you are here :)

Endings:

I've been thinking for quite some time about how to end this story. I didn't want to end it haphazardly without explaining at least some elements of the time travel (I would feel very frustrated as a reader myself). However at the same time, I didn't want to get too technical into the details and bore readers/confuse myself. 

I have always thought that a character whose counterpart was Thyme was needed, I just didn't know who. For quite some time, 'Death' filled in this role. But it didn't really feel right, I always thought that Death's counterpart should be Life instead. And I was worried that I would portray 'Death' as too much of an evil character, which was something I was hesitant to do. (Check out the video 'The Life of Death', I cried watching it ._. )

After some researching I came across the idea of 'Chronos' vs 'Kairos'. Chronos is basically chronological time, countable measurable time. Kairos refers to right time/opportunity when something would happen. Both are quite different concepts the more I thought about it. And this was how 'Fate' was born. What if you had an unlimited amount of time here on Earth with unlimited tries to time travel? (basically to have full control of chronos) But to still be unable to change destiny? (not have any control over kairos)

I also liked the idea of making Thyme the 'villain' in a way, I feel that it gives her depth and a motivation to even help Xavier time travel and character development in general. I like plot twists myself so I hope that I hadn't given too much away/everything hasn't been too much of a surprise either that it's totally incredulous. It's such a fine balance to maintain. 

I also contemplated the idea of giving Xavier and Diana their perfect fairy tale ending. But I didn't like it (I'm sadistic that way). For myself, I prefer bittersweet/melancholic endings over happy ones. There's just something about sadness that leaves me longing for more. And also a timely reminder that not everything in life has a perfect ending. Not sure about how readers generally feel about this though. I also kept the ending rather open so that there may be opportunities for sequels/prequels in the future (not so soon though) :)

References: (basically literature/movies/videos that I've gotten ideas/quotes from)

The Fault in Our Stars

The Time Keeper - Mitch Albom

Why You Shouldn't Fear Death 

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl  

1Q84 - Haruki Murakami

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

Boku dake ga Inai Machi aka ERASED

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso aka Your Lie in April

 The Little Prince

Bojack Horseman (I'm still too poor to get a Netflix subscription so I watch analyses/spoilers on YouTube)

Three and a Half Good Legs by titanically 

'Notes from a Dragon Mum' by Emily Rap, about her son who was born with a rare genetic disorder and his subsequent death

'Disability and the Right to Choose' by Jennifer Bartlett

Related case studies on tibial hemimelia

FAQ: