I'm Sorry

"If you all don't stop acting like children, you will not go anywhere in life."

Chan's foot couldn't stop tapping and he looked like he was about to jump out of his seat for the last 30 minutes.

"Argh, no. Jeongin must be waiting for me!" He thought as he chewed his lip at the thought of Jeongin sad.

Chan paid attention to his teacher again as he sighed. "Okay, everyone except Lucas and Mark, go take your lunch."

Chan practically sprinted out of the classroom, ignoring his teacher's calls. He first stopped by the cafeteria to buy two bread rolls, one banana milk and one bottle of water. Then he went back to his marathon with a smile on his face.

"Hey! No running!" A voice called out. Jeongin turned his head when he heard the echoing of footsteps despite the noise of the crowd. His heart dropped when he saw Chan sprinting, holding food in his hands.

"Sorry hyung, I can't eat lunch with you..." He sighed and put up a smile when he saw his friend.

"Sanha! Wait for me!"

12:53

"Jeongin....where are you?" Chan mumbled as he held one bread roll. He stared at the banana milk with a pout. Lunch was about to end and Jeongin still didn't come. Chan still hoped he would come even though he half-heartedly expected it.

The two got closer the past few weeks, at least that's what Chan thought. But the last four days, Jeongin wouldn't be there beside the vending machine behind the school waiting for him. At first he thought Jeongin might've been busy, but when he looks at him in the hallways, Jeongin would just avoid his gaze.

One time he caught up with Jeongin.

"Jeongin-ah, wanna eat lunch with me?"

Chan watched as Jeongin's eyes darted around the room as his hands made their way to his nape. "What are you hiding from me?" He thought.

"Uhm....s-so- sorry hy- hyung, J-J-Jeno a- asked me first. M-Maybe another time?" He said and ran off, leaving Chan deflated.

As he walked back to the school corridor, he threw away his trash. In the end he drank the milk and ate the bread. Again. He sighed and dragged his feet back to class.

To his surprise, in the almost empty hallway, the face he's been thinking about was right there infront of him.

"Innie!" His face lit up. The boy flinched and turned around with shock on his face.

"Hyung, wh-why are you here?"

"I should be asking you that, why are you here in the senior's building?" Chan asked mischievously. He was glad he was talking to Jeongin again, that was all that mattered to him.

"Ah, I was just gonna return this to Yukhei-hyung..." he gestured to the jacket on his arm, which made Chan frown. "He let me borrow it the other day." Jeongin smiled at the thought.

"How did you two get close?" Chan asked with a serious face.

"Since I've been hanging out with Jeno and Renjun lately, they introduced me to some of their hyungs." Jeongin explained with a face of suspicion.

"Why do you hang out with them and not me?"

"Eh?" The question got Jeongin and Chan in shock.

"Wh-Why would you a-ask that?"

"Just answ-"

"Jeonginnie~! Our desert fox! What brings you here?" Lucas came out with his bright aura as always.