The Beginning of the End

A/N

disclaimer- I don't own Fairy Tail or the Characters

This story is set right after Edolas arc so nothing that happend after that has happened in my story yet. I'd like to add that I was helped with some parts by happykat102 so go check out her story's. Hope you guys like it , leave a comment and please vote! Have a great day!

It started out as a loving guild and family. My family. That ended when I was ignored and kicked out of my team by the Mage that I least wanted to betray me. It all started when she came back...

I'm so happy that Lisanna came back, I don't really know her, but If she can bring such joy to Natsu, Mirajane and everyone in the guild I hope to get to know her.

~3 months later

I sit in the corner of the guild and look over at Lisanna, Natsu, Erza, and Gray searching the request board for a mission. Maybe they'll get a mission then come invite me to go with them. I watch as they ask Mira for the mission, when she points over to me seemingly asking a question, they look over and I pretend to be interested in my strawberry smoothie. I look up to see Lisanna whisper something in Natsu's ear, Natsu shakes his head at Mira then walks out the Guild door with Lisanna following him like a lost puppy.

Guess I'm not going on a mission with them. I try not to let my disappointment show through the mask I've put on for the last 3 months.

As I let my thoughts wonder I overhear Levy and Mira.

"I think they'd make a great couple"

"Who my sister and Natsu?"

"Who else would I be talking about"

"Well Lisanna said she would marry Natsu one day, even if they were kids at the time"

My cheek feels warm and wet. I touch my fingers to where the feeling is coming from. Tears? I didn't even feel them coming up. But why did their conversation upset me this much? What is this feeling I have that's so strong to bring me to tears?

"Lucy are you ok?" A small voice piped in beside me.

I quickly wiped my tears away and turned to see Wendy sitting beside me with a worried expression.

"of-of course why wouldn't I be" I looked away hiding my puffy eyes and the tears on the verge of falling. "I-I have to go... home" I walked as quickly as I could without attracting attention from the rest of the guild. Once I was outside I ran as fast as I could, letting my tears fall.

I collapsed into my bed and sobbed until I had no tears left. Why, why am I so upset over them, over him!

~A few days later

I heard a knock on the door. What time was it? I got out of bed and looked out my window to see the sun was already starting to set.

*Knock, Knock*

I putt up my hair because I haven't showered yet and went to open the door. Wendy and Carla were standing there looking like they were about to kick the door down.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"You didn't come to the guild for a few days and we were worried!"

"oh! I'm fine, did anyone else notice I was gone"

Wendy stared at her feet a shifted uncomfortably. Carla spoke up for Wendy

".. no but any longer and I'm sure they would have"

I put on the mask I know so well and smiled.

"It's ok I'm just tired, I'll see you guys tomorrow"

"Promise" Wendy asked hopefully

"I promise"

I shut the door and I felt like hiding in my room forever, but remembered my promise. There was no way I'd betray a promise, especially to the one person who actually cared.