Out to find Lucy

A/N

I don't own Fairy Tail or its characters

"N-Natsu why are you so upset" I crouched down trying to comfort him. What he said next petrified me.

"It-it's Lucy" he said looking up with horror on his face.

Wendy P.O.V

No one said a word as we took the train to Oak town, it was the last place Lucy was seen. Before we had left the guild master had told me to be careful because Lucy might not be the same person we once knew. I still couldn't believe that Lucy had done something so bad to get that kind of reward over her head.

~later in the day

"We should get a hotel and search some more tomorrow" Erza said. I saw the sun setting already.

"No we will find her" Natsu was full of energy and kept walking.

"but everyone is tired and it's going to be dark soon"

"fine" Natsu obviously didn't want to stop but knew he wasn't going to win this argument. We were heading towards a hotel when Natsu froze.

"Whats the matter Natsu?" I said this seconds before he shot off and seemed to be following something. I ran after him trying not to lose sight of him, when the faintest smell of vanilla and strawberries hit me. Did I just imagine that or is it what Natsu was following? It was odd though because there was a stronger smell too but I couldn't figure out what it was.

I ran into something and saw it was Natsu. I looked around him to see a hooded figure opening what seemed to be an old trap door that lead underground. I just realized that we were had entered the forest and it was really dark. Erza and Gray caught up to us.

"Is that her?" Gray asked.

"We should follow whoever it is, just in case" Erza had said this as she approached the door and quietly opened it. Natsu went first and I ended up last. We went through a tunnel lined with torches. We seemed to be nearing the end when there was an ear splitting scream. We all ran towards the source to see a girl with black hair and red eyes screaming and on fire! Natsu tried to help her but ran into some sort of invisible wall.

"Lucy!!" he was hitting whatever it was with his full force trying to help Lucy. I couldn't move and I felt tears stream down my face.I tried to block out the sound but it kept ringing in my ears.

Lucy P.O.V

I walked quickly through the tunnel, I knew I was being followed, but if I got there quickly they wouldn't be able to get me. I came to an opening and there was an alter with a key in the middle. I sat down and grabbed the key in front of me I knew what would happen but it was the price I had to pay for such a valuable object.

A circle formed around me made and then I felt like I was being burned from the inside out. I didn't scream at first but the pain became to much. All I had to do was keep hold of this key. I saw someone pound on the invisible wall trying to get to me but I knew it was no use, nobody could break the magic surrounding me. I couldn't see who it was through the pain and flames that were surrounding me.

What felt like hours later the flames were gone and I knew the key was mine. I stood up and to my surprise my old team was staring right back. What are they doing here?