Phoenix Key

A/N

I don't own Fairy Tail or it's Characters

The picture thats to the side or above is the symbol that is mentioned later.

What felt like hours later the flames were gone and I knew the key was mine. I stood up and to my surprise my old team was staring right back. What are they doing here?

Lucy P.O.V.

"Lucy! We found you!" Natsu was coming towards me with open arms. If he hugs me I would break down and even after all my training,

"No. Don't come near me." I was ready for them to run at me, my training won't be for nothing.

"Lucy come home with us, we've been trying to find you" Erza was coming towards me too. Natsu tried to hug me, I dodged easily.

"Don't come near me!" I held out my new key. It was black and red and resembled a phoenix. They were startled, then I realized Wendy was here. Great theres no way I can hold back tears if she comes near me.

"What happened to your hand?" Wendy tried to get a closer look.

~Flashback~

"When do you want that mark off your hand"  he was mad that I hadn't have him take it off before. He knew that I knew he could take it off.

"No, I will replace it myself"  I know this was going to hurt. I took his 'symbol' and heated it up in the fire. I placed my hand on the floor and my pink  symbol is reminds me of  fairy tail.

Raged I pressed his symbol over top the fairy tail symbol, this would remind me that I'm not Fairy Tails anymore, I'm his.

~end of flashback

I was tearing up, this isn't good I'm not ready

"I'm not part of FAIRY TAIL!" I kept chanting in my mind, I'm his, I'm his. I'm not Fairy Tail's and their not mine. They were confused of course they would be they have such thick heads.

"Lucy what are you talking about, what's on your hand?" This time it was Gray he was mad I could hear it in his voice. They all came at me as if to grab me. 

"Open the gate of the Fire Bird! Phoenix" I wanted to try my new key and I'm not letting them near me. A middle aged girl stood in front of me she wore a fiery red dress and feathers were placed to intensify the look.

"Yes miss" I could contact her with telepathy. Keep them away from me, no fatal injuries. She bowed and turned toward them.

"Don't touch her" she growled ready to attack. I started to inch towards the exit. Natsu rushed towards me, in a split second Phoenix had came to my aid.

"FIRE BIRDS SHIELD" Phoenix created small wall of fire and Natsu stopped in his tracks.

"Let me have Lucy!" He was running straight at Phoenix

"FIRE BIRDS SLASH!" a slash of fire hit Natsu, he flew to the side and had visible burn. I turned to run but Wendy had grabbed my arm and was staring at my right hand.

"FIRE BIRDS SLASH!" Wendy was dislodged from me and thrown across the room. I ran, after closing Phoenix's gate I couldn't hold back my tears. I know they ran after me but once outside. I was pulled behind a bush.

"Shhh" his hand fell lightly over my mouth we silently walked until we were out of sight and hearing range. I wiped my tears away trying to keep him from seeing them. "Did you get it?"

I held up the Phoenix's key and showed him.

"Beautiful" he smiled which is odd for him and using the word beautiful that's odd too.

Wendy P.O.V.

I opened my eyes and I was in what I think is an infirmary. 

"What happened" I felt a pain in my shoulder.

"your awake! I was so worried" I could barely hear Carla but memories came flooding back. Lucy, the spirit and the mark on her hand. 

"I'll go get master" 

"can you get a light pen and levy I have something to tell her"

She came back with Levy and Master a short while later. She gave me the pen.

"I saw this on Lucy's hand I thought one of you might know what it is" I drew a Z with an eye on the middle diagonal line.

"Are you sure thats the symbol" master seemed almost scared. He rushed out the door and came back a short while later holding a book. He flipped  to a page that had a picture of a book on it.

"The Book of Zeref that symbol is on the cover" Levy was frightened I was confused this isn't good.

"Why is that bad?"

"Zeref created tens of thousands of demons and threw the world into chaos 400 years ago"  Lucy what have you gotten yourself into!