The Betrayal

A/N

Again I don't own Fairy tail or any of it's characters.

I shut the door and I felt like hiding in my room for as long as I could, but remembered my promise. There was no way I'd betray a promise, especially to the one person who actually cared.

I as only able to get a few hours of sleep last night. Thoughts were swirling around in my head. They always came to the same conclusion. I wish it wasn't true but I knew things weren't like they used to be. Fairy Tail had abandoned me, just like my father had.

I still had a promise to upkeep so I dragged myself out of bed and headed to the guild. It was starting to snow by the time I got to the guild. I placed my hand on the door to open it when I saw my pink Guild mark. My favourite colour, Natsu's hair colour. I shook my head to dispel such thoughts and opened the door just enough for my self to get in unnoticed.

Natsu and the rest of the team seemed to be arguing about something, from here it looked like natsu and Lisanna against Erza and Gray. I heard someone sit down beside me.

"You came!"

I turned to see Wendy looking up at me. She was like a sister to me she protected me and I'd always protect her.

"Of course I promised didn't I"

"Yeah... I think she should give him a chance."

"wh-who?"

"Carla she doesn't give Happy a chance"

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and felt... relieved? I watched Happy following Carla around. Lost in thought I didn't hear Natsu come up from behind me.

"Lucy, I have something to tell you"

I turned around startled at him talking to me it's been months since thats happened. I stood up maybe a little to quickly.

"y-yes" My heart racing with my hope lifting.

"Well I'm the one that has to tell you that you're kicked off team Natsu. We are the strongest team in Fairy Tail and we always have to save you even though you hide behind your spirits. See you around"

I watched Erza and Gray watching from behind him, word by word a piece of me fell away and I couldn't take it any more. I ran as fast as I could choking on my tears. I heard wendy call my name but I was already out of the guild. I couldn't go back to my apartment so I kept running and running until my legs stopped working.

Wendy P.O.V

I saw Lucy startle when she heard Natsu, almost tripping over her own feet. I could hear her heart beating with my Dragon slayer hearing. I was distracted by Carla and turned away for a second and then heard Lucy sobbing as she pushed past Natsu running threw the Guild doors.

"Lucy!!" I yelled as loud as I could. No one else seemed to care. What I did next was almost as I was possessed.

I spun Natsu and pinned him against the wall using wind magic. His breath was knocked out and didn't have time to block my attack. I was giving off a dark aura.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY TO HER!" I couldn't help but yell. He just hurt my best friend and didn't seem to care. I could feel everyone stare as the guild went silent.

"WHAT. DID. YOU. SAY. TO. HER!" My voice rising with each word.

"I-I told her she was off the team" he was barely whispering but I could hear him loud and clear. I couldn't hold my anger as he was struggling to get away from my magics. Happy was flying beside me not even trying to stop me.

"She could be alone, in danger somewhere" I said quietly anger in my voice

"I can't beleve you could hurt her like that" Happy said staring Natsu straight in the eyes.

He flew out the door and I let Natsu go and he collapsed on the floor with a distant look in his eyes. I then walked over to Gray and Erza.

" Help me find her and fix what you have done" I basically growled at them.

"I'll check her apartment" Erza said shocked by what just happened.

"I'll check anywhere she likes to stay" Gray said as they ran out the door.

Natsu came over to me.

"I'll help find her" his voice was hoarse

"Fine, you will help me track her scent" I said bitterly showing no compassion towards Natsu.

Lucy P.O.V

I sat in an alley lost and alone, sobbing. It was so cold I couldn't feel my hands or feet. Hours went by and it got darker and colder. I didn't have the energy to summon any of my spirits and it is too dangerous even for Horologium to try and save me. I looked up when I heard someone nearing me, I was losing consciousness but I could feel his magic coming off in waves.

"I will make you strong, Lucy Heartfilia"