- Those Eyes -

(Aoi's POV)

It was a normal Monday afternoon at Akademi. I was doing my normal rounds around the school, looking for misbehaving students, the normal shit. I had finished when I went out back to meet up with Shiromi to go hang out at the cafe. I was going to check the Incinerator area, since that's where me and Shiromi meet up. Then, I saw them. Those goddamned delinquent lackees for Osoro Shidesu; the girl who was suspended a week or two ago. Apparently they were fighting one another. The ringleader of the bunch; Umeji, apparently had an issue with Gaku, and a fight broke out. I ran over to break up the fight, but Gaku ducked when Umeji threw a punch, and I got hit in the face, leaving a bruise. As if a bomb had gone off, the others turned to face us, frozen in place. Umeji staggered back, bracing himself for what my next move may be. I grabbed him by the collar and pulled him to my eye level. I stared him down, his eyes glaring back at me.

Those same, gold eyes.

The same eyes of someone I knew.

Shit.

It was at that moment everything clicked; what had happened to those kids who had attempted a suicide pact, what became of that Pink-haired kid I tried to save. I whispered, almost not realizing it, one almost inaudible phrase that may have meant nothing to him.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you."

And I let him go, sliding my hands back into my pockets, keeping my head down, going to find Shiromi.

Thanks to Her, that wasn't the end of it.

That Evening...

"WHAT?!?"

Shiromi's voice could be heard from across the Cafe, despite there being about 3 mini muffins crammed into her mouth. "Let me get this straight." She spoke again, unintentionally flinging crumbs across the table. "You found those guys who had 'Mysteriously' gone missing, INCLUDING that one Umeji kid you wanted to protect. It's been GOD KNOWS how long since you last talked, and all you say is, "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you'?! REALLY?" She crosses her arms, raising an eyebrow.

I rubbed my temples, trying to cool the headache I was having. "Look, what the hell else was I supposed to say?" I took a sip of the green tea I ordered, responding with "What exactly are you supposed to say to someone you PROMISED and FAILED to help and saw again after you thought they DIED?"

She sighed and put her fourth mini muffin down. "Look, I don't exactly know what you'd say, but I sure as hell know that's not all you'll be saying to him." She smiled at me. "It's not to late, ya know."

I smiled at her. Sometimes, I loved how optimistic she could be. "Thanks...I'll try to sort this out...

...

....

.....

After you share those damn muffins."

(Hope you Enjoy so far! You can Note me on DA or just post a comment saying you want to help out if that's the case; I run out of idea's quickly