- Panic -

The next day, I woke up a little earlier than usual. I got up, taking my meds, looking through my closet. Today was one of the few casual days Akademi allowed, so I planned on wearing something comfortable. I grabbed a loose blue sleeveless shirt, along with a black tanktop, torn stretch pants with pockets, and studded boots. I tied my hair up for once, putting it in a ponytail. I grabbed my phone off my nightstand, seeing a text from Shiromi.

         "Hey, I'm gettin' a ride with Dora this morning; don't worry about swinging by my place."

               I smiled a little bit. It's nice that she's getting closer with her; plus, she lives like fifteen minutes away, so I have some free time. I decided to text Umeji, popping two cherry pop tarts into the toaster.

            "Hey, need a ride to school? I've got some time to kill; I can be there in, like, 10 minutes, depending on how far out you are.

             I got an almost immediate response.

             "Sure, I'm like 5 minutes from your house. I'll be ready by then."

              I smiled a little, grabbing a little package of melon bread I bought the other day; I predicted that he probably had a habit of skipping breakfast like me. I grabbed my pop tarts from the toaster, eating one, saving the other for later, putting it in a ziplock bag. I grabbed my bag, sticking both packages in it, walking out the door, texting Umeji back.

              "On my way now. Be ready."

                I grabbed my helmet off of my bike, putting it on my head. I got on my motorbike, speeding off towards the address Umeji gave me.

                 I pulled over outside a slightly beat up house, with a cracked window. I cocked an eyebrow, peering towards the house. Almost immediately, Umeji walked out of the house, yelling something behind him. He was wearing a faded yellow flannel over a t-shirt with the logo of some band, along with baggy jeans and beat up sneakers. He jogged over to the bike, grabbing the spare helmet off the back, hopping on right away.

                  "Hey, can we get out of here sooner rather than later?" He put the helmet on his head, wrapping his arms around my waist like I told him yesterday so he doesn't fly off the back. We rode off, speeding down the road, getting to the school not long after.

I parked outside the school, getting off the Motorbike, Umeji following suit. A few kids were already there, wearing casual attire like us. We were about to walk into the school, when we heard a loud voice from inside the locker banks.

"Wow, you really ARE pathetic, Horuda!"

I recognized the voice immediately, and I tensed up, glaring. Only one person has a voice THAT obnoxious. It had to be Musume. From the sound of it, she was harassing Horuda again. I couldn't just stand there. I had to do something.

I haul-assed over to the locker bank, and as I predicted, Musume had Horuda cornered. Horuda looked extremely close to crying, and Musume had a cruel smile on her face.

I punched one of the lockers, standing behind her, getting her attention. Musume turned her head to face me, shooting a glare at me.

"Oi, you're disturbing the peace." I glared towards her, shoving a hand in one of my pockets. "If you don't want me reporting this, I suggest you move along."

Musume snickered a bit, which pissed me off even more. "Oh, PLEASE. My dad'll just pay off the principal; I won't get in any REAL trouble." She shot me a smirk. "Besides; it's not like they'll take you seriously; The principal LOVES me!"