11 | Q U I E T

and suddenly I was a lilac sky.

   "HEY, NO MAGIC!", Ember snapped, pouting her lips as Fred took the wand out of his back pocket

   "Was that a sound, Embergirl?", Fred chuckled. "Who's the loser now?"

   "It's not my fault you're trying to cheat, Freddieboy", she snorted, snatching the wand out of his grin and placing it on the table. "If you'll use it, you lose."

   "Deal", Fred replied, leaning against the kitchen counter. Forgotten was the pie standing on the table nearby, his eyes were fixed on Ember, and she was staring back. "So are we starting now or what?" 

   Falling silent, Fred's cheshire cat grin didn't even flicker as she kicked his shin. His hand raised to cover his mouth for a playful yawn. Ember rolled her eyes, what in retrospect had been not that wise. Fred used this split of a second of Ember's unawareness to grab her wrists and pull her closer to his body; almost did she squeal, but being muffled by finding herself being so much closer to his freckled face than ever before.

   Wriggling his eyebrows, Fred gestured Ember that it was her turn now, but her mind was completely refusing to do its job. He tilted his head, the grin playing on his lips growing wider, revealing two rows of splendid white teeth. Her fingernails were playfully digging into the flesh of her own palm.

   Fred's grip around her wrists loosened, slowly his fingers traced up the bare skin of her arm, covering it in goosebumps. Automatically, she tried to move back just to find her back pressed against the kitchen counter. She brought a hand to his upper arm to steady herself.

   The gap between them slowly shrinked, and Ember shivered at his hips suddenly touching hers, her mouth opened, just so she quickly closed it again, inhaling deeply as his hands cupped her cheek.

   Face turning hot, Ember lowered her eyes, fixating the "F" labled on his sweater, watching his chest vibrating with silent laughter. He was playing his game. Nothing more. Ember pursed her lips at this realisation, staring up at him out of glimming eyes. The corners of her mouth lifted, and her free hand rested on his chest. This was a game she could play as perfect as him.

   Fred's laughter stopped as Ember's fingers traced circles on his muscles, his eyes now showing curiosity. He brought himself closer to her, his hips pushing against hers, and his fingers tracing down her jawline, further down her neck, settling on her collarbone. Ember's knees went all wobbly under his touch, she had a hard time not to sigh, keeping her teeth clenched.

   Not really thinking about what she was doing, her own hand for a second played on the hem of his shirt before she slipped it underneath, skin meeting skin, and Fred twitched under her touch. Crawling up, Ember hoped he wouldn't notice the soft shaking of her thin fingers, as they found his toned chest, while Fred's hand was tucking on the strap of her top.