~9~

Locked back in my room, angry. I scream into my pillow. I need him, I need Saeran. I need to know he doesn't hate me. I need him to know he's the only one for me. I need him to know how much I hate myself and his disgusting twin.

I hear my door click and for the first time since I've been here someone that isn't  Saeran or myself is in my room. I can't hide my scowl quickly enough, she sees it.

"My Savior." I bow my head.

She yanks my head up roughly to meet her terrible, rage filled green eyes. "My child. Are you not happy at Mint Eye?" Her voice is dripping with poison sweetness. She's trying to intimidate me. I should be scared. I should begin to grovel at her feet like she wants, beg for forgiveness at my insolence. I should, but I don't.

"Is anyone?" My eyes narrow.

She laughs with hatred and throws me backwards. "You sought out me ." She turns away from me, like I am unimportant, insignificant, trash.

I scoff. "I sought out salvation from my old life. I sought out savior and hope. I sought out a place to belong. I sought out safety and love, and revenge. Paradise."

"And did you not find those things?"

"I found those things, but not in you. I found them because of Saeran. He is my true Savior. You use fear to control people and keep them hooked on your empty promises. We do not love you, we fear you. Without the Elixir and Saeran, you are nothing. You know it and so does he. You're pathetic." The hate I feel in me cannot be controlled. I'm sick of being stepped on and watching Saeran get used. I'm sick of pretending like my life is better now when it's actually worse. I'm sick having to worship her. I don't care about the repercussions as I stare her down.

Her face contorts into one of pure, hysterical rage. She says no words before her hands are back in my hair. Pulling. Pulling. Pulling. She pulls me all the way to Saeran's room. Her eyes terrifying every Believer we pass along the way. She opens the door and flings me in. I fall to the floor and look up into the startled mint eyes I craved so much earlier.

If she decides to kill me, at least I completed the mission for him. At least he will begin to have happiness from his revenge. If she decides to kill me, at least I got to look at him one last time.