~11~

The cells are cold. My muscles scream for warmth, my arms ache from the position in which they're chained. It smells terrible down here, like fear and blood, piss and shit, vomit, even death. The darkness is comforting in only that it hides the horrors around me. I hear a shuffle in the shadows, too big to be the rats that haunt this place.

"I don't want to see you." I call out coldly, almost as cold as the metal on my wrists. My lie tastes bitter on my tongue, of course I want to see him. The stupid things we say to protect ourselves. The shuffling stops, I could be wrong, it could be someone else. But any other Believer wouldn't feel the need to hide.

"You're upset." His voice is timid, almost scared. I've never heard him sound like this before. My heart clenches and I nearly forget that I don't want him near me because hearing that softness from him has made me want to take him into my arms and protect him as fiercely as I can.

Then he steps into the dim light, his pale skin and white hair nearly blinding, his mint eyes look tired, the bags under them so dark they look like bruises. He licks his perfect lips nervously and all I can see is him pressing those same same lips to Rika's. That same sweet, nervous tongue dancing with hers. I squeeze my eyes shut. I want to cry. I want to scream. I want to pound my fists against his chest, throw a fit and have him hug me to fix it all. It could be that easy. But it's not, so I steel myself.

"I have no right to be." I look him in the eye, void of all emotions. He winces.

"You don't understand..."

I'm not listening. "I understand enough, Master. You are her toy, as I am yours, you both said so. You... not exactly in words though. Nice touch by the way, really drove the point home that much more." A glare hardens my face. "You did nothing wrong. You played with me perfectly, but we're both stupid. We both fell in love with someone who doesn't love them back. You mean nothing to her. As I mean nothing to you."

His mouth opens to fight me, I can hardly see him through my bitter tears. I don't care that he sees them. I'm too angry, hurt, broken, to be embarrassed too. I don't care if these tears are more than likely exactly what they both wanted.

"I won't try to ruin your mission. I'm sure The Savior told you to warn me. I always meant it when I said I'd do anything I could to make you happy." I search his face. "I hope you find your happiness Saeran. I'm sorry I was stupid enough to think maybe it could be me... Maybe with me and your brother gone, you'll finally have it."

~A/N~

I'm so sorry it took me forever to update! I rewrote this probably four separate times, leaving it alone and coming back to it later and still hating it. I'm hoping I finally broke my slump. Thanks for sticking around guys, you're the best! <3