-20-

My blood freezes at her words. "Oh pretty Angel." I watch her caress his cheek. Is she having second thoughts? Is she going to help him instead? "Poor stupid, naive, traitor Angel."

Oh. 

I step forward and she smiles lovingly at me dropping her hand from my brother's cheek and extending the other out to me. I watch the hurt flicker in his golden eye, the one not swollen shut. His adam's apple bobs as he swallows dryly. I wrap an arm around her waist, pulling her close. Her smile lights up the room and I know he hates that none of the smiles she gave him ever looked like that. 

"Sorry Luciel." I spit the words like poison. "This one's my love."

He stops watching her, his eye brimmed with tears. I hope it feels as bad as he's making it look, I hope it fucking shattered him. I nuzzle into her temple with a smile and he finally notices me. He saw me before, but he was too focused on her. We lock eyes and he actually sees me.

Tears stream down his face washing some of the blood away. "Sssss. Saeran?" His voice cracks.

"Didn't take you long to recognize me at all. Which honestly is so weird to me brother. I know I look nothing like the sick little boy you left to die. How did you know it was me?" I have a wide sneering, grin. I know I look crazy but I can't get it off of my face. I'm so angry at the same time as being giddy to finally inflict some of the hurt that shaped so much of my life. 

He shakes his head, the stupid red hair I hate some much falls and sticks in the cut above his swollen eye. The hair and eyes I got rid of to distance myself even further from him. "You may have changed, but I'll always know you no matter what Saeran. Always. You're part of me."

I can't take those words. How dare he pretend to know me, to sit before me so many years later and try to spew some sentimental bullshit to me like he didn't fucking abandon me! I hit him in the jaw harder than I have ever hit anything in my life. We both grimace and I hate seeing us make the same face. So I hit him again. This time in the nose and I smile as he gasps in pain. 

"Fuck you Saeyoung! Part of you? Fucking spare me! This isn't some magical fairy tale where you spout some emotional bullshit lies and I suddenly forget that you left me alone with a violent drunk who was hell bent on beating me to death because I didn't know where you were. That's not how this works." I punch his stomach and blood sprays, a combination of the waterfall of crimson from his nose and the shocked exhale from my hit. I'm shaking.

No Saeyoung. That's not how this going to work at all.