~19~

We left the Believer where he was on the floor, in a pool of his blood. He wasn't going anywhere anyway. Saeran gave him a few angry kicks to the ribs before returning his attention to me.

"Rika thinks I'm loading..." His eyes twitch downwards to the redheaded body splayed across the hallway, he gulps. "Him into the car right now to bring him back to Mint Eye. The Believer made the call before we came in. Go make your call to the police, I'll take him to the basement."

I can practically see the nerves racing through him. He's sweaty and his hands begin to shake. I grab one lightly, locking eyes with him. He takes a deep breath, closing his eyes.

"Are you nervous?" I ask softly, he shakes his head no, his eyes still shut. "It's about him right? You're brother?"

"Things are so different without the elixir. My feelings are so different. I still want to hurt him, he deserves that, but I don't know if I can... I feel like all of that rage belongs to Rika now." His minty eyes that always reminded me of ice don't look that way anymore. They look like the sky before an early morning rain, impossibly light blue and green and full of lightening. Cleansing.

I brush his hair from his face. "We don't have to do anything you don't want to. The only thing that matters is you're happy." He presses a kiss into my palm and I melt, I can't believe we lived and loved before this type of tenderness. "Except Rika. Fuck Rika! And fuck the elixir. Fuck Mint Eye. Fuck all of it. We are taking it down." 

He smiles. A real smile. My knees nearly give out. He's so beautiful. He kisses my forehead with a smile still on his beautiful lips. "We are. Meet me in the basement when you're all finished."He grabs his brother's foot, dragging his limp body through the house bouncing his face off of furniture, corners, and lastly the steps.

I take out my phone whipping up some fake tears and panicked breaths. I spill the made up sibling story and beg the police to check the cult for my missing brother. They assure me they're sending out a squad car immediately. It's almost upsetting how quickly a damsel in distress act gets things done. I grin as I hang up.

The blood splattered stairs send a chill through me that I can't pinpoint as excitement or something else. When did we both grow a conscious? The mission was supposed to be for Saeran's happiness, no matter the cost. 

I turn the corner to see only one twin, the red haired one, still limp and chained to the wall. Blood drips down his nearly naked body. Bruises are forming. A smile twitches at my lips.

I turn to go find Saeran, to hug him, to show my happiness that his dream for revenge and happiness is all finally coming true. He can finally be happy now. But the traitor coughs and I stop in my tracks. 

He raises his head, one of his eyes is swollen shut. "Wh-what's going on? You're safe? You've got a little blood on you, you're not hurt are you?" He tries to pull his chained arms, such valiant effort and for naught. You can't save me Angel.

"I'll go get help." I smirk. It's not a lie, not really. The help will just be against him rather than for him.

He looks scared, tired. He shakes his head. "Please don't leave me here my love."

I frown and move toward him, hand out to his bloody, swollen cheek. "Oh, pretty Angel."