Glasses

(For this one, lets just pretend Harry is already four and Daisy is 12 years old)

"F."

"Good. Say the next one now."

"Z."

"Uh-huh."

"...D?"

Daisy looked at Harry to see if he was just joking around but was met by the sight of him squinting back at her. She and him were sitting on her bed facing each other, Daisy was holding a chart with the alphabet on and pointing at random letters.

Daisy put the chart down and asked, "Harry, how much fingers am I holding up?" She held up three fingers and put it by her head.

Harry squinted again and said hesitantly, "...F-five?"

Daisy shook her head and said, "There is only one explanation..." She leaned more forward, as if she was about to tell him something super secret, and Harry mimicked her position.

Daisy's voice dropped to a whisper, "You need...glasses." Harry sat straight up and said, "Why'd you say it like that then?!"

Daisy laughed, "You should of seen your face." Harry pouted and hit her playfully in the arm but then ended up joining her laughter.

When they both calmed down, Harry asked, "So... I really absolutely need glasses?"

Daisy hummed and nodded her head in reply as she packed the chart at the bottom of her cupboard. When she noticed Harry was not talking anymore, she turned around and saw him looking nervous and rocking back and forth.

"Is something wrong?" She asked him, taking a seat next to him again. Harry avoided her gaze and looked at the wall next to him instead.

"Is the wall suddenly more interesting than me?" Daisy teased back. She put a hand on Harry's head and gently turned his head to face her.

"What if... what if they won't buy me?"

Her eyebrows furrowed together. "By 'they' do you mean my mum and dad?"

Harry gulped and looked down again, "They just don't seem to like me as much as they like Dudley..."

Daisy's lips set out in a thin line and she grabbed his shoulder and turned it towards her, "I will talk to my Mum and Dad, okay?" Harry nodded, his unruly hair flying in all direction. Daisy smiled at him and he returned a weak one back.

Daisy gave him a hug and said, "Time for bed, kiddo." Harry hoped off her bed and before he ran out the door, he stood next to Daisy and made a hand gesture for her to kneel down. When she did, Harry kissed her on the cheek and ran off.

Daisy giggled quietly to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took seven times for Daisy to bring Harry's eyesight up before her parents finally agreed to take him to the optometrist. Her dad took him and when they returned he said that Harry would need glasses and they would be ready in two days time. After that, he wouldn't stop going on about the cost of the glasses and how he had to skip his favorite telly show to go to this appointment for him. He also kept going on about how grateful Harry should be to, and she quotes, "have such generous family members to take him in" and how "any other family would have just sen him to the orphanage".

Did Daisy want to shout at her father? Yes. Did she actually do it? No, because it would just cause trouble for both her and Harry. Did she feel bad? Definitely. There was nothing more she wanted than to wrap Harry up and tell him to just not listen to what that oaf says. And she got her chance when dinner ended.

"Hey Harry," Daisy whispered quietly and knocked on the cupboard door.

After a few minutes, she heard a faint "Yes?" come from within the cupboard. She pushed the small cupboard door open and ducked her head as she came in. She could make out Harry's small figure curled up into a ball facing the wall. His body jumped once in a while and small sniffles could be heard.

She climbed next to him. Even though Daisy was short she still had to pull her knees up to her chest to be able to fit on the small cot. She put a hand on his back and rubbed small circles on it.

"You okay, bud?" She whispered quietly next to him. He slowly shook his head and his whimpers and sniffling became louder.

Daisy closed the cupboard door and whispered gently, "You wanna talk?"

Without answering, he turned around to face Daisy, who stretched her legs as far as she could on the cot. Daisy tilted her head to look at him. He's face was red and stained with tears.

"I didn't... I didn't mean for-" He wasn't able to form a complete sentence before he started crying again.

"Hey," Daisy cooed at him, "it's alright. This wasn't your fault." She picked him up and put him on her lap. He immediately snuggles into her and she puts her arms around her.

"O-Ok-kay," Harry managed to say through hiccuping, "Bu-but why does it fe-feel like it is?"

Daisy sighed and ran a hand through his hair. She hummed a song as she sat with him.

After a while, Harry's breathing stopped coming like he was gasping for air. His eyes slowly began to close and his grip on her shirt became looser.

Daisy titled her head to look at him and sighed tiredly again. She ran her hand in his hair for a few more seconds before deciding that they both needed to go sleep. She tucked him gently in the cot and covered him a blanket. Before she left, she bent down and gave him a small kiss on the forehead. His face still had stained tear streaks on it.

Daisy sighed (again) and quietly closed the door behind her as she climbed out. The last thought she had before going to bed was,

'All of this just because he needed glasses.'

She needed to have a word with her parents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Total Amount Of Words:1003 Unedited.]