ten

|ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

×

everyone is still frozen after jeongguk had locked himself in his room. yoongi looking back and forth from taehyung and where the maknae had run off to. jimin just sitting still while looking off into the distance, and taehyung, well, taehyung was actually the first one to move out of his shocked state. 

he doesn't give a second glance toward either jimin or yoongi, heading for the maknae's room. his eyebrows creased and a frown set upon his lips. he can only guess jeongguk had gotten pushed to an extent. he knew the younger was putting everything he had into this new routine the instructor had taught them. he rented out a studio when possible, practiced even at home. he was trying his best, and taehyung guesses this pushed it too far. 

when the silver headed male gets to the end of the small hallway, he stops in front of a white door. a small sign hanging, ggukies room written in pretty lettering when he had been in his head space and wanted a sign to decorate the door.  taehyung smiles small at the memory, but it fades as quickly as it came. hearing small sobs come from inside the room. 

his heart aches, badly. he hates whenever jeongguk locks himself away. in need of attention and love, and yet he has trouble saying when he needs it or when he wants it. they were working on it, but it was easier said than done. 

taehung lifts a closed fist and knocks gently, not wanting to scare the boy in any way. when he gets no answer, he knocks a bit louder. unsure rather or not to use his voice or not. though, before he can make up his mind, jeongguk beats him to it. though, it's not the response e wanted to hear. 

"go away!" he says, voice cracking and taehyung tightens his fist. feeling like he was hit with a brick. he didn't know how to react, or what to say. it felt like cotton was stuck in his throat, never has this happened. never has jeongguk reacted like this. 

footsteps take him out of his frozen state, turning to see jimin standing there with a worried look on his face. one eyebrow raised in question, and all taehyung does is shake his head. jimin gestures for him to move and so taehyung does. letting jimin in front of him as he leans against the wall.

jimin is the one who knocks on the door this time, getting almost the same answer. except there's more of a bite to his tone now than the one before.

"I said go away!" jeongguk sounds distressed  despite sounding more upset that he originally was. jimin giving a glace behind his shoulder before he opens his mouth.

"gguk, come on. don't shut yourself in like this." jimin says gently, but enough for the younger to hear. another sob could be heard and taehyung moves forward on instinct. he hated when his baby was upset. in and out of little space taehyung always cared for the younger, he was always worried, and he always would be. taehyung was always there for him, but this time it hurts. more than any other time because what is he doing.

"ggukie, please. just let me in." taehyung is the one to speak this time. from the outside, obviously, they aren't able to see jeongguk shake his head. tears streaming down his face and he doesn't know why he came into his play room. where he was surrounded by stuffies and colors because there wasn't a sign of a bed anywhere. maybe he came here because he wasn't thinking straight, but either way, he continues to cry.

taehyung tries to open the door, see if it wasn't locked but to his disappointment it was. he tries shaking it more, getting more anxious by the second and all he wanted to do was hold jeongguk in his arms and comfort him but god, why that so hard?

"let me try." a voice suddenly says and both turn to see yoongi standing there. staring at the door before looking back at the two.

"he won't come out since he knows both of you are right there, I'm not saying it will work with me, but I can give it a shot." yoongi continues and taehyung feels defeated. his hand slowly letting go of the door knob and backing away from the room. he swallows the lump in his throat, nodding his head before swiftly leaving.

jimin gives him a hard look. and yoongi stares right back before he goes off after taehyung. yoongi takes a deep breath. stepping up to the door and twisting the door knob.

"leave me alone, what do y'all not get about—" jeongguk starts but gets cut off when the door opens. he stars up in shock, tears still slowly streaming down his face and once he catches sight of yoongi, he looses it.

he breaks down. forceful sobs racking his body and tears falling down faster. breathing coming unsteady and yoongi shuts the door quickly before picking up the boy and wrapping him in his arms.

"g-gukkie s-sowey! d-didn't mean t-to b-be bad!" the younger tries to say between sobs and yoongi wouldn't lie when he said his heart broke. rubbing circles on the littles back to try and calm him down, but he knows no one would be fully able to unless it was taehyung.

"bunny, breathe. you need to calm down." the older says calmly, bouncing jeongguk barely in order to get him to stop hiccuping and take in deep breathes.

"do you want taetae bun?" yoongi asks, jeongguk nodding his head quickly. small hiccups still leaving his mouth.

the blonde headed male slowly gets up from the floor. steadying himself as jeongguk wraps his legs around his torso and arms around his neck. it was a hassle to get the door open, but yoongi does it and soon the two are out in the small living room.

taehyung is up in and instant once the two come in and jeongguk is quick to be in his caregivers arms. taehyung wrapping him in his own arms protectively and he feels relief flood through him once his baby boy had finally calmed down.

jimin and yoongi end up filing out of the apartment soon after. giving a quick kiss to jeongguk and a sincere thank you to taehyung. they would call later, for sure, but for now they thought it was best to leave both alone for a while.

once the door shuts an unsettling silence falls over. jeongguk is still in taehyung lap while small sniffles come out every so often. neither speak for a while until the older moves so they sit face to face.

he brushes the strawberry blonde hair out of his face. wiping away the left over tears that were strayed on the boys now blotchy cheeks and red rimmed eyes. jeongguk doesn't look up either until a finger is gently placed under his chin. a signal for him to now come face to face with his caregiver.

"baby, please look at me." taehyungs gentle voice says and that one nickname always had jeongguk give in. that's exactly what happened.

he looks up into the dark, brown orbs. seeing the gentleness and even sadness that over takes them. jeongguk didn't want his oppa to be upset, and he felt himself tear up again because his mind made him think he was the one who caused this. which, in reality, he did but at the same time it wasn't his fault it was hard for him to verbalize what was wrong. unless he was in little space. but even so, he had trouble.

"can you tell daddy what's wrong?" taehyung asks, using the softest tone as possible. jeongguk plays with the hem of his shirt, looking down as new tears start to fall.

"g-gukkie bad at d-dwancing. t-eacher get m-ad too.." the little lisp out and taehyung understands immediately.

he knows hoseok has a different class instructor than jeongguk, and he also understands that hoseok is in a more upper class that him. but the two instructors were complete opposites.

while hoseoks was less of an asshole, jeongguks wasn't. she pushes the class harder than necessary. even makes students stay later to keep working on any part they keep missing and taehyung guesses it was much worse this time than any other.

he wipes off the remaining tears and hugs his baby close. rocking him back and forth as he says comforting words. giving soft touches and kisses until jeongguk is deeper into his headspace and half asleep. exhausted from today's events.

"you're a very good boy, ggukkie. don't let one mistake tell you other wise." taehyung says quietly, kissing the boys forehead.

-