Challenges

Your POV
I woke up the next morning feeling cold. I feel a body beside me and immediately think it's Natsu so I snuggle closer for warmth, only to be met with more cold. I open my eyes and look to see I'm outside and I'm cuddled with Gray!

"Eeeepp!" I squeak loudly and jump up scaring Gray half to death.

"What? What's wrong?!" He asks in a panic

"Why are we outside and why was I cuddled up with you?!" You shout

"You don't remember training with me yesterday? We were so tired we later on the grass to relax and you feel asleep looking at the stars." He says in a obvious tone. "As to why you were cuddled with me I don't know. I'm guessing you thought I was Natsu..." Gray says sadly

"Yeah I did. I was cold and instinctively cuddle to Natsu for warmth since he's always hot." You say with a sigh.

"I see." Gray sighs and looks extremely sad. "Do you still want to train? There's still some moves we can learn." He looks at you hoping you'd say yes

"Yeah. But I'd like to research fire magic first. I know my magic is similar to yours but it's also different. Yours is solid and mine isn't."

"Understandable. Let's go?"

"Yeah. Let's go." 

You both start walking to the guild.

Natsu's POV
I woke up and feel groggy. I feel a body next to me and immediately think it's Y/N so I cuddle her close and sigh. But then I notice she feels different and she smells different. I open my eyes and see blonde hair. I sit up slightly and see Lucy. She looks peaceful and hasn't moved. I won't get mad since I'm the one that cuddled her but I still don't like the idea of her being so close.

I groan and get up and go to the bathroom. When I come back I wake up Lucy.

"Lucy. It's morning. Get up." I speak in a annoyed tone. She looks at me and smiles then frowns when she's sees I don't return the smile.

"Good morning Natsu. I know you want to start the mission so let me use the bathroom then we can go." Lucy says sadly

I say nothing as she heads to the bathroom. I say nothing as she returns and we leave the room. I simply follow her closely and with a serious expression.

Time skip
"Damn it Lucy! Why did you pick such a hard mission?!" I yell as I'm fighting off endless monsters.

"I'm sorry Natsu! I thought we could handle it!" She yells back while using her whip and Taurus fights nearby.

"Lucy. Me and you need to have a serious talk when we're done!" I yell angrily. Lucy looks at me sadly and nods and we go back to fighting.

Your POV
"Where are they Gray?!" I yell angrily. It's been days and they aren't back yet. Gray has been by my side but he hasn't touched me because he knows I'll hurt him if he does.

"I....I'll tell you. Come on." Gray sighs sadly and motions for me to follow him. I follow him to Mira. "Mira we need info on the job Natsu and Lucy went on." He sighs and Mira gets the paper and hands it to him.

Gray hands it to me and I gasp. "Gray! This job could take them over a month! How can you let her do this?! We are going to them. Now! And you are explaining yourself along the way. Mira! Inform the customer two more wizards are coming!" I yell and grab Grays hand and head to the train station.

We get to the train station and board the train. I glare at Gray and he gulps. "Speak." I growl at him.

"Me and Lucy wanted to separate you and Natsu to see if we could or if we even should try to break you guys up. We both are jealous that we never had a chance and we wanted that chance. So that's why we came up with the plan for them to go on a mission and me and you stay behind. Hoping it would bring us closer and maybe you'd fall for us..." Gray explains everything with sadness in his voice. He knows he did wrong.