Big News

Kara went into Catco, almost afraid. She and Alex came up with a convincing lie for Lena, but she didn't like lying. She knew she could tell James the truth, but it didn't feel right to lie to someone she wanted to help her. She walked through the doors to James's office to find him doing some paperwork.

"Oh, hey Kara. What brings you by?" He was a little surprised when Kara locked the doors.

"I need to take some sick time."

"Another solar flare?"

"Actually, I'm pregnant." James stared at her in shock.

"Wait, what?"

"I'm pregnant. And I didn't know this because of Mon-el's Daxamite DNA." There was a knock on the door and they saw Lena, looking very confused, on the other side. "I also need Lena's help."

"For the lead allergy?"

"Yeah. How did you know that?"

"I remember things. And it's a good idea you're going to Lena. I'm just worried about the other you."

"You mean Supergirl? Don't worry, I have everything under control."

"And if she wants your blood work now?"

"Then the baby's giving me superpowers like Mon-el. Wouldn't it make sense if she couldn't get a needle in me?" James opened the doors and let Lena in the room.

"Hi Lena."

"Hi James. Hi Kara. I didn't expect to see you in here this early."

"That is surprising, isn't it? This week is just full of surprises!"

"Ok. This is slightly odd, is there something I should know about?"

"Remember how you told me you saw Mon-el fighting alongside Supergirl a while ago and I said it was complicated?"

"Yes."

"Well it gets more complicated. I just found out I'm around eight months pregnant with Mon-el's baby."

"How is that complicated? He's back now so you two could have, at any time--"

"The complicated thing is that he went a few centuries into the future when Supergirl saved him, and when he came back, he was married." This all spilt out so fast, Kara didn't even realize she was crying. "It was seven months for me, but seven years for him. In the future, L Corp makes a cure for lead allergies, so that's why he can breath the air here without dying."

"You think your baby's going to be allergic to lead?"

"I just want to be cautious. She'll die the minute after she's born if she's allergic to lead."

"I'll see what I can do for your baby. I still have some Daxamite DNA files at L Corp I can work with."

"Thanks Lena."

"What are you going to name her?"

"Juliet Allura Danvers."

"You already picked out a middle name?"

"Well, it isn't officially certain. I haven't even told Eliza yet."

"Does Alex know?"

"You should probably ask what she doesn't know." Lena laughed at that. It was a relatable comment. What doesn't Lex know? She thought to herself.

"That reminds me," Kara continued excitedly. "You know how Alex was trying to adopt a baby? The adoption went through and she's getting a little girl!"

"Oh! You both must be so excited! Send my congratulations to her for me. I'll work on a cure."

"I'll do that Lena. And I don't know if this will help, but Mon-el mentioned that Krypton and his home planet were next to each other, so I think it might be possible that Kryptonian DNA might be mixed with his."

"That's a really good assumption. I have a little from Supergirl, so crossing it with Daxamite DNA should do the trick. Since we don't know how long you've been or will be pregnant, take as much maternity time as you need, Kara."

"Are you sure you can handle things without me?"

"Don't worry Kara. You're the best reporter we have here, but you need to think about yourself and your baby."

"You're right Lena."

"So take as much time as you need. Then we can meet Juliet." She gave her a hug, and felt something kick her from Kara's stomach. "Kara, did you feel that?"

"Yes, that's the first time I felt her kick!" The three went out to breakfast to celebrate Kara, Mon-el, and of course, Juliet.