Chapter 1

Warning! Minor cussing! But no cussing that would trigger anyone. I didn't know to label this as mature if it has minor cussing...

Hanji's POV

Leaning back into my chair, I sighed as I looked outside, just watching the trees and houses pass by. I didn't want to move here... but my parents had to drag me here due to their new job there... Rose. That's where we're staying at. My so-called 'new' home... I didn't like it one bit. I missed my school... where I had my best friends with me... and we're always talking about our grades in school and classes. All the way up to junior year... and now, I'm forced to attend school in a different school, in a different neighborhood... a different life I'm now living in.

I can keep listing things I could be doing with my friends if I wasn't dragged over here... but I guess, I can make due. Soon, the car was slowing down and we pulled up in front of a house. I hear Dad chuckle a bit. "Hanji, we're here." He gets out with my mom giggling softly.

Groaning, I get out of the car, looking at the new house with an unimpressed face, it looked like a regular house... nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing would make me light up in happiness as it would be if I could move back to my original home.

Dad turns around, chuckling. "Why are you so grumpy today, Hanji? You're not as lighthearted today as usual... why?"

Rolling my eyes, I told him the truth. "I never wanted to be here, Dad. Why are we here in this small dump?! There's nothing here! I can't believe I left my friends for this lonesome place." Each word was true to my heart.

Mom groans a bit, "Hanji, you don't know what's gonna happen here... you really don't know. Maybe things will be a bit better here..."

Brushing her soothe comment, I still grumbled. "Can I take a small walk?" I suggested, hoping I can do something to calm down and take time to collect my mind.

"Get back before 6. I know it's a new neighborhood, so try and not get lost, okay?" Nodding, I started to walk away from the house. Foreign to me... I couldn't exactly call it home. Nothing was home to me...

*   *   *

Not even the first day of school, and I already met the wolf pack of the popular girls. Their style of clothing was tied in with the popular style now. The way they laughed told me everything about them. Pushing my glasses up on my nose, I tried to walk past them... but their noses are sharp to a wolf's.

"Hey you!" I tried to ignore them, but they kept calling me.

Finally annoyed, I turned around to see them. "What do you want?" I say while they walked over to me.

One of the girls was a brunette. Her pale blue eyes matched her outfit as she wore ripped jeans and shoulder straps, revealing her tanned shoulders. Her brown hair was waved down her back. "What I want? I want to know what a girl with your kind derpy style could be living here? This is my territory."

Scoffing and rolling my eyes, I looked at her. "I don't care what you think, whatever your name is-"

The girl laughs, "Dawn. Now, tell me... are you new here? Or just visiting some crappy friends?" She says it with a sneer on her face.

I hated girls like her... thinking she's all mighty and powerful with her words, but not enough to harm me. "I live here. Now, you can either deal with me, or just leave me the hell alone." Turning my back on her, I started to walk away.

"You freak!" I felt her powerful hands push down on my back, forcing me to lose my balance and I fell on my side, my glasses knocking off my face and into a puddle. "I will deal with you... my way."

She starts to pick me up, sneering, but looks up and her facial expression changed. She gasps and releases me. The way her eyes lit up with joy... someone she must've admire. I couldn't tell who it was, but the girls seemed to scream internally. Fixing their hair and thinking that they did nothing wrong.

"There he is..." Dawn squeals, before clearing her throat.

"Tch, get the hell out of here..." A cold voice filled the air as Dawn stared back in pain. "What the hell are you waiting for? Go!" His cold voice threatens them away as they retreated back to their homes. I couldn't see very well... but I only saw a blurry figure... black hair, tanned pants and a white t-shirt. He bends over the puddle and picks up my glasses. "Tch... I can't believe they did that... oi! You okay?"

I see him wipe my glasses and hands it back to me. "I-I'm fine..." I say, putting them on. Opening my eyes through them, I saw the one who rescued me. His black hair shimmered like a raven's wing. His stormy blue-gray eyes... were cloudy and studying me. A reaper... that's what he was. Taking my soul inside, perhaps he was claiming me that instant.

He smirks a bit, "Listen... I'll give you some tips here, okay? Take them, and you'll be okay living in this neighborhood. But, the most important thing is... do you trust me?"

Groaning, I told him the truth as I got up. "Well... I don't usually trust someone right away... but in this situation, fine. I trust you."

Standing in front of him, I realized how short he was... about 4 inches shorter than me. The guy smirks, "I know, I'm short. No need to rub it in. But seriously, do you trust me?" The clouds in his eyes were swirling around with curiosity. Wondering if I would trust a stranger who saved me...

Sighing, I needed as much as possible here... and if this guy was giving me some advice, I should take it. Not to mention... he saved me from those girls. "Yeah... I would want some tips."

He chuckles softly, something that didn't match with his attitude. He seemed like a stern person, ready to attack people... but I guess, that only happens when he's pushed to his limits. "I wouldn't stray around at night... especially when someone like you are walking alone."

My anger started to rise, "Like me?!"

I stared into his eyes, seeing him chuckle in amusement. "Someone new to the neighborhood. There's a bunch of robbers at night, and I don't want a newbie to get their money stolen just because they don't know what happens out there."

Calming down... I understood why he would be worried. Looking back at him, I forced a smile. "Thanks..."

He starts to turn around before he paused and looked back. "Oh, want another one piece of advice?"

"Yeah..."

The boy looks back, smirking at me. "Rumors has it, there's a so-called bad boy on the streets... more specifically, in this neighborhood."

Hearing that perked my interest. A bad boy? Never in my lifetime, the term, 'bad boy' was never used. I lived in a place that didn't have any of those influences... so hearing them to my ears... I wanted to know this, bad boy... and I wanted to see what he was.

"Oh? Where can I meet this bad boy?"

The boy smirked at me, "You already met him... how about that?"