Chapter 7

Levi's POV

Just seeing her asleep... damn... I must be falling for her. The way she looked without her glasses... it was cute. She snores lightly, and it was something that I would swoon for. The way she moves gently, and she was very warm through the frosty night and morning. 

She groans once more, but this time, she was waking up. Her hazel eyes were sparkling with the morning light, and she sits up. "Mm... L-Levi..." She rubs her eyes and grabs her glasses.

I leaned forward, nuzzling her neck and made her giggle. "My uncle should be gone by now... I can make you some breakfast if you want, Hanji..." I offered to her as she started to move. "I can also drop you off at home... since you know, winter break starts now."

"Breakfast sounds nice... my parents won't be home at this hour... so, I'll be fine."

"Oh?" We started to rummage around for our stuff to leave. "If you want, you can hang out at my house until you don't want to... or something like that..."

"Well... can we stop by my house first? I'm still in the dress from last night... please?" I opened the trapdoor, helping her down the ladder first. "It'll be weird if I'm still in this in the afternoon."

Scoffing, I followed after her, "Seriously? You're cute..." My words trailed away as I climbed down, and I heard her laugh. "W-Whatever... okay? J-Just... you're nice when you're in that dress."

"As you called me, "cute." Levi... as much as I look cute in it... it's not very comfortable... I would think you would know how it feels... to be embarrassed..."

"Not really. I don't really feel embarrassed because no one dares to make me feel that way." I rolled my eyes, remembering that people did take pictures of her... and after winter break... it will be all over the social media at school. I swear, I will find who did it and make them pay for trying to break an innocent person.

*   *   *

When we were at Hanji's house, I stood guard for her while she changed back into normal clothes. And that's when it hit me. The pinging noises on my phone notified me about the social media that the school has for their students...

And on there... several pictures of Hanji and I last night... dancing. People already commented... calling her names. Even accused her of being a delinquent... and how no one could trust her anymore. Anger built up in me as I saw everyone commenting on how terrible she was... and how they all called her names...

Soon, Hanji raced outside... happy and carefree... not like she heard of the news. "Ready!" She shouts as she tugged on my arm and we started to leave. "Heh... are you making eggs? And bacon and stuff?"

"Mm... maybe..." I wanted to ask her how she felt about them saying those things to her... but I kept my mouth shut. If I opened it... she might find out and that wouldn't be good for me... not ever. "Do you want eggs and bacon?"

"Hell yeah." I looked at her, seeing how she started to cuss as well. Was I really rubbing off of her? Was I making her a bad person now? "What?" She groaned a bit. "Come on, I do cuss. Some of the time. And when no one's around."

"But... I am someone, not no one." I chuckled softly to her as we walked over to my house. What pricked my heart was the feeling that I didn't tell her at all. It felt that I was lying to her, even though I wasn't. How could it just pain me like that?

*   *   *

Hanji's POV

After being at Levi's house for a while, he allowed me to shower while he made me breakfast. So, the only shower he would've let me shower in was his personal one. Heh... he was so nice to me to let me use some of his body wash and shampoo. They weren't scented... but it was all I had for now.

After cleaning myself, I stepped out and started to dry myself before the bedroom door opens and closes. Peeking outside, I saw Levi walking inside and just started to look for something. My clothes were still on his bed, but he wasn't paying attention to it. He was going through his drawers and into a dufflebag, but not crumpling them.

He mutters to himself as I watched him dump them away. Without fear or nervousness... I tightened the bath towel around my body and stepped towards him. "L-Levi. Is everything okay?"

Levi turns around, and I see his eyes stained with red. "Hanji, it's safer... if I leave." He says to me as he zips the main zipper. "Excuse me..." He says as he walks into the bathroom, rummaging a few things before returning. His eyes averted away from me, respecting me. "Hanji... go... take your clothes and eat... before leaving, okay?"

"Levi, what's going on?" I asked him as he walks out of his room. Me, being worried, I walked out after him. "Levi, please, tell me."

He pushes me away, gentle as well. "No. As I told you before, in that treehouse... I... I don't want you hurt."

"And why not? Levi! Come on, tell me!" I shoved him into the wall, covered by anger. I trust him... and I liked him. I fell for him... he stole my heart, and all he was doing to me... he was just... leaving it all. For what? Protecting me? He should know... a scientist's brain always wonders, wanting answers. Not the kind of person to take the excuse and claim it as the truth. No, I want the answers. "Levi!"

When I looked into his eyes, I saw true sorrow. He may have held back his tears from crying entirely, but I saw them. The longing to cry his heart out to someone... but he couldn't. Not yet. "I'll... I'll return home. I promise... once I know you're safe Hanji... I'll tell you whatever you want."

Nodding my head, I agreed to it all. I wanted to cry to him... but he was leaving now. No longer... gonna be here with me. Not so far. All that concerned my worried head was that he wouldn't be safe... and he wouldn't be able to talk to me...

"Lev-"

He interrupts me by a small kiss on my lips. His hand was wrapped around my head and he pulled it close to him. It was enjoyable for a few seconds before he pulled away from me... "I just want to say... yeah, I do like you..." Was all he said before his hand moved was removed and I watched him back away from me. Hearing his footsteps echo away from me... and I knew... it was the only time I would have of him. Not for a very long time.