Chapter 14

Levi's POV

"Dammit..." I scowled as I once more got lost in the airport. Sometimes, they needed to ensure that these things are easy for people! I'm not some expert in traveling to different countries! Goddammit...

"Levi?" Hearing her sweet voice, everything was relieved off my shoulders. Turning to her, I saw her confused look turn into a joyful, amused look. "Heh... lost, are we?"

"Tch." I responded to her question, growing warm with embarrassment. The cool air inside the airport wasn't enough to cool me down. "W-What if I am? Would you embarrass me about that? Actually, knowing you... you would always try to embarrass me... that's exactly who you are to me."

She snickers, "You know me way too well, Levi..." Her kiss on my cheek made me grow warmer than I currently was. "Come on, I know where we're going. Trust me."

*   *   *

Trusting her, I followed, breathing in everything that seemed... unworldly to me. The chatter of everyone talking to kids, teens, adults... everything was a blur. Too... overwhelming. Hanji held my hand like I was a child throughout the whole airport... and I felt that I was completely powerless in this world. How could we act so invisible in this place when everyone stares at us? How is that even possible?

To be someone without being recognized... is this how people felt? Everyone always stared at me... in fear or in love. They feared me that I might harm them... and to some girls, I attracted them. And no matter how much I try to shake them off, they managed to try to get themselves into my heart.

But... there's only one person who doesn't try to get into my heart... Hanji, you never forced yourself into my heart. You were like someone I would look up to. Like Farlan and Isabel. Crazy like Isabel, yet stern like Farlan. You were them combined. Though they had more of a deeper connection to me... you're the one to fully capture my heart. Perhaps... that's why I love you.

Why? Why do I question everything whenever I'm near you? Perhaps... I'm afraid to lose you...

*   *   *

I couldn't help but fidget with my hands as we boarded the plane and sat in our seats. Even Hanji took notice of it and she smiled.

"Afraid or nervous?" She says in the most soothing voice I ever heard her speak in. She takes my hand, warming mines with hers. "It's okay... I know the feeling being on a plane can be a little... overwhelming."

Shuddering, I didn't move my hand. "I'm... afraid of riding in an airplane. That's all... afraid... of a lot of things."

Hanji kisses me on the cheek, followed by a small chuckle. "If we die, we'll die together; we're all on this plane."

Sighing, I rolled my eyes. "Oh great, make it a bit more nerve-wrecking. Thanks, Shitty Glasses." A smirk appeared on my face as I made more terrible jokes. But it made me feel warm knowing that she's the only one who would chuckle at them. 

"Anything to ease up the stress, midget."

Once we took off, I gripped the armrests so hard and looked outside. It was a beautiful sight, knowing I'm leaving a place for a week. Closing my eyes for a quick nap... it felt... peaceful. For some reason... it's just... I never felt this way before. Not ever.