Chapter 30: Ch. 13: Dance to the Music of Time (Chat's/Adrien's POV)

A/N: These Chat's POVs are rewards for ko-fi donations! If you're interested, here's the link to the rewards: http://khywae.tumblr.com/post/167238886024/drum-rollmore-here-is-the-result-for-the

Enjoy! :D

----

A strong gust of wind made Chat's hair cover his face, and he pushed the rebel strands back with his hand. He looked up and took a deep breath. Rain. The smell was faint, but he knew it wouldn't take too long for the tempest to arrive. From his spot on the roof, he could see the sky over all of Paris getting darker and duller.

Ladybug made a small noise as she landed a few meters away from him, but he didn't flinch. He was used to her sudden appearances by now.

"Are you ready?" She asked, looking around as she walked closer.

Chat knew she was making sure no drones were near them. People liked to film the heroes with the flying devices, so they had to be careful, especially when having more private talks.

"Almost ready," Chat said. "I need to check on my dear one first. It won't take long."

Ladybug had found some information about where the missing teacher might be, so they'd go there to check. But before that, Chat had to visit the artist. He didn't want to alarm her, but Hawkmoth could target her again, and he couldn't let that happen.

"Alright. Just don't freak out if she's not there this time, ok Romeo? Come back and we can search for her together." Lady said. Chat flushed as he remembered how desperate he had become when he didn't see the artist in her flat yesterday. Lady continued, "I doubt anything will happen for now, but that guy can get akumatized anytime. And that will be trouble."

Chat sighed. "I know." He just wanted to catch the man already, but it was like he had become a ghost, a hidden threat, lurking and waiting for an opportunity.

"Just don't get carried away." Ladybug poked him on the chest. "I don't trust you near her after what happened yesterday in my own bedroom."

Chat felt heat creep up his neck as the memory came back to him. It wasn't the first time that he thanked the black mask for covering the display of his embarrassment. Why did Lady have to remind me of that? Now he was thinking about the artist's lips and hands on him. How was he supposed to concentrate like this?

He let out a chuckle and shrugged. "I can't help it."

"Have you guys done it yet?" Lady blurted out and Chat almost choked on air.

He gave the brunette a look and she laughed, throwing her head back. Marinette's level of bluntness skyrocketed when she became Ladybug, and while Chat was used to it, her words still caught him off guard sometimes.

"Not yet," He mumbled, hoping she would just change the subject. It wasn't because he didn't want to have the artist all to himself. Dieu, how he wanted her to do anything she wanted with him—

"Are you serious?" Lady interrupted his thoughts with an astonished voice. He huffed. Couldn't he at least daydream in peace? "That's not you." She continued, sounding way too shocked, and Chat wondered if he should feel offended. "I mean, people usually fall in love with you within seconds."

A huff left his lips. People didn't fall in love with him, but the idea of him; it wasn't the same. And with the artist, it was like her art had become enamored with him, but not her. It seemed that she was trying to do everything to keep any feelings away from her heart.

"It's different with her, my lady." Chat shook his head. "She keeps pushing me away, denying she wants—" He motioned to his body. "All this. Can you believe it?"