Chapter 46: Promise of Spring

Lewd meter: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

A/N: Oof, I thought I wouldn't be able to post this before the New Year. And yet, here we are. A big thank you to Jade, who helped me edit this big ass chapter!

In ao3, I asked if people would be okay with me changing the rating from Mature to Explicit. I didn't ask here on Wattpad because it only has mature/not mature as a rating. So, due to basically unanimous approval, as of now, this story will be explicit, my darlings. Ayy. While some of you may rejoice for the smut that's about to come, to my readers that couldn't care less or avoid smut altogether, there won't be many changes. Or I'll make sure to not add important plot parts during the smut. I mostly wanted to be able to say cock, that's all. Yes, it's liberating.

Beware of the lewd meter and enjoy!

-----

Four days.

Four days cursing the sickness perturbing your body and wishing for it to go away quicker. Four days in which your prayers were all but ignored. The cold wasn't going away, and you'd have to deal with it. That seemed to be the message the universe was sending you.

During these few days, you didn't have the energy to deal with the rumors, which escalated after the Youtuber villain's appearance, so you decided to give yourself the rest of the week off from college. Adrien told you it was for the best. While the big media companies still didn't seem too interested in you, it was better to stay low, and you also 'needed to rest' – his words.

Your apparent need to rest was also the reason he decided to postpone making the two remaining Muses for the Figure Drawing project. The model said you'd do it when you got better, and you had to agree with him. You were in no shape to try sculpting.

You only wished the blonde could keep you company, but he had classes to attend. He had already missed a bunch of them because of the constant akuma attacks, and he couldn't miss more or he would fail the subjects. You wanted to stop thinking so much about Adrien, but everywhere you went in your apartment, you were reminded of him. His toothbrush besides yours in the bathroom, his black converses near your bed... It almost felt like you were living together.

Without Adrien and Plagg, the days seemed to pass slower and the sound of the rain outside was the only thing that filled the silence. You knew Chloé was keeping an eye on you in her patrols – even with the terrible weather – but it was hard to relax after the last akuma attacks.

Sometimes your thoughts got too taxing and you had an urge to go out to clear your head, but for that you'd have to call Mari and Chloé since you couldn't go out alone. You didn't want to bother them, so you stayed in your flat during the four days, trying to have an idea for the art contest.

The theme of this year was 'hands'. It seemed easy at first, but the blank pages of your sketchbook showed your nonexistent progress. You knew you didn't have an art block. It was just that the effort of thinking was excessively hard for your exhausted body, and all you wanted was to stay under the covers doing things that didn't require too much energy.

And you did exactly that. Adrien usually found you passed out on the couch when he arrived late at night and you would have a light conversation during dinner before heading to bed. When silence filled your flat again and even Plagg went quiet, you could feel there was something Adrien wanted to say, and you waited, but the mysterious words never came. And if you let out even a small cough, his expression would change to one of worry and the moment would be over.

You knew something was bothering Adrien after those two akuma attacks, however, you had no idea what. Maybe he still felt guilty for what happened? Either way, you couldn't bring yourself to ask. And when you woke up in the morning, Adrien was already gone, his presence only different from a dream thanks to the slight warm spot on the bed and the breakfast left for you on the kitchen counter.