Wanda Barzee

Wanda Barzee is one of the few people I would gladly tackle myself upon seeing her. The reason for that is Elizabeth Smart's kidnapping.

She was released five days ago, from prison, after kidnapping a little girl from her bedroom with her devil of a husband, Brian David Mitchell. After fifteen years in state prison, men have let a demon walk free.

If you want the entire story, I recommend you buy My Story by Elizabeth Smart. Her love of God and her family, as well as her courage, is moving.

Cosmopolitan.com states:

Still, Barzee will be under federal supervision for five years. And according to The Associated Press, "if she violates terms that include mental health treatment and an order not to contact Smart's family, she could go back to prison."

Barzee was an accomplice to Smart's abductor, the street preacher and panhandler Brian David Mitchell. She helped kidnap the then 14-year-old Smart from her home in Federal Heights, Salt Lake City in 2002. On the night of June 5 that year, Mitchell—who is now serving a life sentence in prison—entered the Smart family's home through an open kitchen window, went to the bedroom Elizabeth shared with her younger sister Mary Katherine, and quietly led her out at knifepoint. However, Mary Katherine was only feigning sleep and knew what had happened, and was able to report the events to her parents.

Barzee believed the was the "Mother of Zion," according to Smart's book My Story. And, because she was the "Mother of Zion" (because who else?), Barzee had to obey her husband, who believed he was a prophet of God, excusing himself to go and buy beer, leaving Smart and Barzee alone. Mitchell and Barzee forced Elizabeth to call herself by the name of a virtually unknown son of Isaiah, until she said she wanted to be called Esther, since they said she could only pick a name from the Bible.

Facts About Wanda Barzee You Should Know

1.) Barzee's own children, six of them, called her a "monster who should never again see the light of day." I agree. But sadly, Barzee did see the light of day, only five days ago.

2.) When Mitchell wanted to cut off Elizabeth's hair, Barzee objected, saying, "A woman's hair is her crown." Wow. At least after kidnapping her, she let Elizabeth keep her hair. What a good person. 🙄

3.) Barzee once had a feud with a woman named Kelly over her husband. She won in the end. How  Mitchell had women fighting over him, don't ask me. Both of them must be nuts to fight over him.

4.) Barzee calls her time with Mitchell "miraculous," which  makes me want to gag. Here's an article blurb on that.

Barzee and Mitchell first met in a mental health counseling group in 1985 when she was getting treatment for depression. As she opened up about her abusive marriage, she said, Mitchell wanted to hold her hand to comfort her.

"And we held hands from then on," she said.

In the weeks afterward, Barzee and Mitchell talked for hours on the telephone. She said she poured out her heart about her 20-year marriage to an abusive husband and losing her six children.

"I was terrified of being alone," she said. "I didn't want to tell my problems to anyone. He was so supportive of me. He became my best friend."

Barzee said she also understood Mitchell had become active in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, was ordained an elder and had attended the temple. "So I thought he was a righteous man."

Both of them were going through divorces at the time. And though they were still married to other people, Barzee said, their stake president and bishop approved of their relationship because they knew the couple needed each other. She said she cooked meals for Mitchell at her house and they attended church together. From Deseretnews.com.

5.) Barzee felt lesser than her husband, and felt she should submit to his every wish. "Barzee at one point said she wanted a new wedding ring and found one at a jewelry store. Mitchell, she said, drew a picture of it and placed it in a drawer for four years. She said she became impatient with him because it wasn't finished. She said she read in the scriptures about being humble and meek. "I knelt down and prayed and the Lord wanted me to be submissive to my husband." Deseretnews.com.

6.) Barzee let her husband rape Elizabeth in a tent, even if she was jealous of all the "attention" Elizabeth got from her husband.

7.) Barzee didn't have any intention of letting Elizabeth go. The only thing stopping her was the police.

8.) Elizabeth Smart says the release of one of her kidnappers, Barzee, is "incomprehensible." I agree.

9.) Barzee's own sister does not condone her release from prison. That just goes to show you; absolutely no one in their right minds, even those related to her, like Barzee.

10.) Barzee and Mitchell often dragged Elizabeth to parties, covering her in a burqa.

10.) Barzee once ran away from Mitchell because she couldn't take his trips alone anymore.

11.) Barzee, when Elizabeth first was kidnapped, made Elizabeth strip off her red pajamas in order to "get married" to her husband. There was a ceremony, and then Mitchell raped Elizabeth.

12.) Barzee claims she knows the "gravity of her crimes" when she was released, and said so to Elizabeth's own parents, Ed and Lois.

13.) Barzee sat through a lecture from Elizabeth's mom when she was released. "Wanda, we suffered. But more than that, Elizabeth suffered," Lois Smart said. "It was unconscionable what you did to her."

Smart concluded her speech to Barzee, who sat motionless with a tissue in her hand as she listened, by saying Elizabeth was doing fine today, "not because of your help," and the family had moved on.

"I hope that you'll be able to make peace with your maker," Lois Smart said in conclusion. Deseretnews.com

14.) From now on, Barzee must register as a sex offender, wherever she lives. Great, but to me and others; not enough.

15.) There is speculation Barzee is still dedicated to her husband. Not that it matters, since he is in jail forever.

God bless you all, and may we pray to rid the world of sick people like Barzee and her husband. They disgust me more than anyone could ever know.

Her first day out, Barzee partied.

"Wanda Barzee spent Wednesday night at a Salt Lake City hotel and, according to a guest staying in an adjacent room, Barzee went on a religious tirade. We're told she was wailing religious scripture at the top of her lungs.

The guest also says Barzee was loudly praising Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism.

A law enforcement source tells us a call came in to dispatch from a guest at the hotel, but when officers tried to call the complainant back, no one responded. They did not send a unit to check it out." TMZ.com

This woman has not changed her old ways. If she contacts Elizabeth or her family, she will be placed in prison. Elizabeth believes she is still a threat. Elizabeth is the hero of our story, and Barzee and Mitchell are the villains. Anyone who says otherwise is invalid to me, thank you very much.

This is a villain.

Sources: My Story by Elizabeth SmartETOprah's television show, where Barzee's children were interviewedDeseretnews

Sources:
My Story by Elizabeth Smart
ET
Oprah's television show, where Barzee's children were interviewed
Deseretnews.com
TMZ