Chapter 1

James Sirius Potter entered his father's study with determination to find an object that his dad had hidden. He had just come back from his fifth year at Hogwarts having new information that he knew was more valuable than ever. He knew his father was famous in the Wizarding World, but not as famous as he imagined. Harry Potter the boy who lived saving the world at age seventeen. That was all James knew about his father's past.

Harry always wanted his kids to grow up as normal as possible so most of his teen years were kept a secret. The only reason he decided to tell his kids about defeating Voldemort was that he knew their classmates and professors would keep coming up to his children asking questions. Harry knew from personal experience when professors would refer to him as James Potter, Harry's father.

James Sirius knew he would eventually find out about Harry's past but it never occurred to him that it would be in school. History of Magic for years 5-7 was based around the Second Wizarding World War which his father played a huge part in. To learn more about the people that fought in the war, Professor Binns taught James and his fellow Gryffindors about the golden trio's first three years at Hogwarts over the course of James's fifth year.

When Professor Binns mentioned a certain incident his father and his Aunt Hermione went through in their third year, James became instantly intrigued. He had heard his father talk to Aunt Hermione and Uncle Ron about a time-turner before and how he was going to keep it locked in his office for "safety reasons". Lucky for James, he inherited his grandfather Prongs's need for adventure.

James searched thorough his dad's office for what seemed like hours trying to find the time-turner. He checked the bookshelf, filled with many Defense Against the Dark Arts books, the small sofa, in which nothing was hidden underneath, and his father's desk. The messy drawers were filled with many years of Auror paperwork. James always knew his mother was the more organized one in the family.

After searching every place he could think of, James sighed, still no luck. He turned to leave, giving the room one last glare as he made his way back to the door. His foot grazed the edge of the carpet and instead of gliding past, it made him trip, falling to the floor with a loud thud.

This noise caught the attention of Teddy Lupin, who was downstairs taking care of the rest of the Potter's, Weasley's, and Scorpius Malfoy. Scorpius was invited to come over and hang out with Albus while his parents were out having dinner with Potter's and the Weasley's including both Ron, Hermione, George, and Angelina. 

Teddy turned to his girlfriend, Victoire Weasley, with a nervous look on his face. They both looked around anxiously trying to figure out which kid ran off to cause mischief. Albus, Scorpius, Fred II, and Roxanne were sitting at the kitchen table discussing something about Quidditch and Rose was sitting with Hugo and Lily helping them get a head start on the potions homework Professor Slughorn assigned for the summer. It was no surprise to Teddy and Victoire that the missing kid was none other than James Sirius Potter. The two rushed up the stairs hoping to stop James from doing whatever mischief he was up to.

Meanwhile upstairs, James looked over to see what the bloody hell tripped him. When looking down, he saw a small lump under the rug. Curiously, he lifted the rug up to reveal a trap door. Inside was the object he had been searching for the whole time, a time-turner. As he picked up the small magical device, the door swung open to reveal Teddy and Victoire standing in the doorway. Teddy instantly recognized the item James was holding.

"James put that down right now," he stated.

"No, I think I might hold onto it," James replied as he stood up, brushing the dust off his jeans.

"You don't know how dangerous that is. One wrong turn and you could end up back 50 years!"

"I think I can handle this. If dad can do it, so can I."

"James listen to Teddy. He's right. Time-turners are extremely dangerous," Victoire said worriedly, looking at the young boy hoping he would take her advice.

"Never!" James yelled, sprinting passed Victoire and Teddy towards the stairs, "Hey guys look what I have! Who wants to go on an adventure!"

"No stop!" Teddy and Victoire yelled in sync as they ran after him but it was too late. He was already downstairs explaining to his cousins and siblings about the magical device.

"And all we have to do is turn it?" Hugo questioned.

"Yes, and you could go anywhere back in time!" James answered. Lily ran up to Teddy and started pulling on his sweater," I wanna go back in time Teddy!"

"Yeah me too!" Albus said. Soon, the whole room was full of children shouting I want to go back in time!

"All right everyone, hold on to me!" James yelled.

All the kids ran to James and held on tight. He twisted the time-turner too many times to count and soon enough, the kids were becoming more and more transparent.

"No!" Teddy yelled, as he and his girlfriend ran over to the kids and tried to grab the time-turner at the last second.

Unfortunately, they were just being transported along with the rest of the children. The room started to spin and everything was getting blurry. Teddy could hear the kids anxiously waiting to see where in time they had ended up. With a thud, they all landed on the ground and in one giant Potter/Weasley/Malfoy pile.

Teddy stood up to see all the kids looking around in amazement.

"We have to act now Remus!"

A/N: Well that was the first chapter! I hope you all enjoyed it. This is my first time publishing something I have written so I am completely open to feedback about how to make the writing better. Thanks for reading and chapter 2 is coming soon!  - Em