Chapter 6

Fred emerged from the door wiping tears from his eyes. He handed Teddy back the mirror.

       "Thanks for that," he said.

       "Sure thing Fred." Teddy responded. The present George came over Fred, patting him on the back after seeing his distressed face.

       "Harry hung up but he said that the time-turner in his office was only for 24 hours," Fred continued, "You guys will be back home in 19 hours."

       "Oh thank Merlin! We're going home!" Teddy said hugging Victoire. All the kids started hugging each other except James who stood still. His face was white as a ghost. He was definitely going get grounded for this one.

       "He also said they will call in the morning so I guess that means its bedtime for everyone." A chorus of moans came from all the children past and present. All the kids from the future made their way back into the guest room to prepare for bed while the present children made their way upstairs.

       When Hermione opened the door to her room to find Ginny asleep in her bed. Hermione glanced one more time at Ron to shake her head that Ginny was asleep and he did the same when he saw Harry passed out in his own bed. Hermione stared at Ron for longer than she should have. His calm features made her feel happy. As she continued to stare, she came to her senses and closed the door behind her. Ron stood and looked at the empty space in the hallway, he loved how she stared at him. Like he was the most important person in the world. If only I could tell her... Ron thought before entering his own door and closing it behind him.

       Meanwhile the future kids were getting ready for bed. Rose entered the room after grabbing a glass of water from the kitchen. There was only one bed in the room and she did not want to be there while they fought over who would get it. When she entered, Roxie filled her in that they all agreed that Teddy and Victoire would get the bed since they were dating. Sleeping bags lined the floor with everyone comfortably inside them. The only one left was... next to Scorpius. She glanced at James who was snickering in his sleeping bag. This definitely had to be his doing. Rose was hoping to avoid this awkward situation for as long as possible. As she walked over to her sleeping bag, she could see Scorpius staring at the ceiling. She couldn't tell if he was thinking or just trying to fall asleep. Rose laid in her sleeping bag with her back facing him.

       The room was filled with the soft sound of murmurs. Scorpius let out a deep breath, "I'm sorry for what I did earlier," he finally said.

       "It's okay," she responded, "it was simply peer pressure that enacted you to make the decisions you made."

       "Right..." There was a long pause, "What if.... what if it wasn't just peer pressure."

       Rose's heart started to race. She didn't know how to handle this situation. She turned to face him, "What do you mean by more than just peer pressure?"

       "Like... I wouldn't need a dare to do.... that..." he said turning his head to face her, "I wouldn't do a dare if it didn't mean something to me."

      Rose stared at him blankly. She didn't know what to do. She knew it was a possibility that he would like her like that but she never thought of her feelings towards him. She knew he was her best friend but did she like him more than that? A flood of emotions rushed into her mind.

       "I need time. To think about this," Rose replied as her rolled over again once more with her back facing him.

       "Yeah... time." She could hear the disappointment in his voice. Rose closed her eyes and sighed. This was not what she wanted on her mind after this stressful day.

—————————————————————————————

       Harry woke up sweating profusely. Another dream he thought to himself. They had been happening more and more ever since he arrived at Grimmuald Place. He looked at his night stand. 5:34 am. Up early as usual he thought to himself as he look over to his right, Ron was still sleeping like always. He could sleep through a hurricane without waking up. Harry slowly got up from his bed and made his way down the kitchen. After every nightmare, he found that a glass of milk helped.

       As he turned the corner to enter the kitchen, he hit something with a large bang and fell to the floor. Harry turned and picked up his glasses whilst rubbing his head where it hurt from his fall. As he looked up, he saw Hermione standing still, a glass or water spilled all over her from their collision.

       "Oh Hermione I'm so sorry let me help you with that," Harry said rushing over to the sink to grab paper towels.

       "Thanks," she replied as he handed them to her, "What are you doing up so late?"

       "Nightmare," he responded. A look of angst immediately over came her face. "No not like that. It wasn't a dream about Voldemort. Just about well.... the future."

       Hermione's mussels relaxed as she asked, "Well what about the future?"

       "Me and Ginny. Just sitting in a house. The kids running around and playing. It was quite peaceful but it scared me. What if I don't become the father these kids know? What if because I know I end up with Ginny, I never do fall in love with her? Or she doesn't fall in love with me?"

       "Harry you will make an amazing dad I just know it. And for the Ginny part, I can assure you she will not have any problems falling in love with you."

       Harry shot her a glance confused, "What do you mean?"

       "Come on Harry! I see the way she looks at you. You really believe that little crush of hers went away?"

       "I guess so... but what about you and Ron? You both look like you constantly want to snog each other."

       "What? You must be going crazy, Harry, because I don't know what your talking about."

      "Yeah yeah whatever...." The two friends stood in silence.

      "What about the blonde kid?" Harry disrupted the silence, "he has to be related to Malfoy."

      "I know right!" Hermione responded, "If so, I feel like I need to have a talk with him, he kissed my daughter!"

      Harry chuckled, "I have a feeling he isn't like his father or else he wouldn't be hanging out with our children."

      "Yeah you're right, I'm going to head back up stairs, see if I can get a few more hours of shut eye."

      "I'll do the same," Harry said following her up the stairs.