Chapter 9

Hours had passed and Ron was just waking up after fainting that morning. As he came to consciousness, he felt the warmth of another, draped across his stomach. He looked to his left to see Hermione snuggled up against him, her arm across his torso. He jumped backwards missing the bed, causing a large bump of the floor that woke up Hermione.

"Ron are you alright?" Hermione said, peering down from the bed.

"Yeah....yeah I'm fine," Ron answered as he stood up, placing his hands on his hips,"I uh, didn't know you would be in here with me. In the-the-the bed."

"Was I sleeping next to you? Oh Ron I am so sorry! I swore I was no where near you after Harry and I brought you upstairs. I must of drifted off to sleep..." There was a silence between the two as tension grew.

"Well thanks for staying with me," Ron said before reaching for the door handle.

"Wait!" Hermione stopped him, "We need to talk about something." Ron slowly made his way back to the bed, plopping down on the very edge trying to keep distance between them. "I know you didn't realize this earlier because I didn't realize it," she continued inching closer towards Ron, "please don't faint okay? I don't think I can handle you fainting again." Ron nodded as he too, inched closer to Hermione. "So you found out today that Rose and Hugo are your children...."

"Yeah that was kind of a shocker."

"Well, do you remember yesterday? When the kids called their parents on the mirror that looks like Harry's? I was on the other side at one point and well, Rose referred to me as mom...."

Ron straightened his figure on the bed, "You mean to tell me, that were married in the future? With KIDS?"

Both Ron and Hermione sat without saying a word. Little did they know, they were both thinking the same thing. I think he/she knows. Ron was the first to speak, inching closer and closer to Hermione until they were only a foot apart, "Well for reassurance Hermione, I think that I am luckiest person on earth. Just for knowing that in the future, I get to spend the rest of my life with you."

Hermione couldn't take it anymore, she lunged toward Ron, kissing him intensely like she's been yearning for him for years. She leaned back, laying on the bed as Ron took control. They kissed and kissed and kissed. Then again, they only kissed, not wanting to go further. As they parted lips, Hermione spoke, "You don't know how long I've been waiting to do that."

"God Hermione if I knew you wanted to, I would of kissed you at the Yule Ball." They both chuckled slightly before Ron got off her and they layed once more on the bed, almost the same position they woke up in moments before.

———————————————————————————————————————

Teddy made his way back into the guest bedroom after his talk with his parents to find all the children coexisting without fighting. Wow, grandma Molly really does know how to control children, Teddy thought. James was sitting in the corner of the room with Albus and Scorpius most likely talking about how Scorpius is going to talk to Rose about their "situation." Present Harry and Ginny were sitting with Hugo and Lily talking about their favorite Honeyduke candies. Fred II and Roxy where with present Fred and George trying to learn everything they could about pranking techniques knowing their father wouldn't tell them when they got back to the present. Last but not least was Rose, discussing her favorite books with present Ron and Hermione who had recently come down stairs after their little rendezvous. Teddy sighed and started to make his way over to Victoire before he felt a vibration in his pocket.

"Kids," Teddy said, "Harry's calling." All the kids, both present and future gathered around the mirror.

"Hey dad," said the chorus of Potter children.

"Hey kids," future Harry said in return, "How's everything over there?"   

"Good daddy! Grandma Molly made us an amazing breakfast this morning and then Hugo and I got to learn more about flying!" Lily exclaimed. Present Harry smiled. He loved seeing how excited his little girl was to learn about flying from him, even if she wasn't his...yet. Present Harry looked over to Present Ginny, they smiled at each other. Someday, Ginny thought, he will be all mine.

"That's great Lily bear! Teddy would you mind passing the mirror over to Scorpius? Hermione and Draco just got back from the ministry. Draco said that Hermione made him finish all his work early so they could come home and see the kids.

"Hermione is Draco's boss! This day keeps getting better and better!" present Ron says laughing as he nudges a blushing Hermione.

"Well I mean she's everyone's boss. She isn't the Minister of Magic for nothing!"

"Minister of Magic?!" present Hermione says into the mirror before Teddy can hand  it to Scorpius.

"Yeah! You're the best darn thing that has happened to this place after... well after the war. Enough about the future, Teddy can you hand Scorpius the mirror?"

Teddy did as he is told and gives Scorpius the mirror. Soon, a tall, blonde figure appears in the mirror next to a short brunette women. "Hi mom, dad," Scorpius says into the mirror.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? Cause if you're hurt I'm going to have a very serious talk with Har-" the brunette woman starts before being interrupted by the taller man, "Astoria, give the boy time to talk. He can't answer if you keep asking questions."

"Well excuse me Draco, for making sure our little boy is okay!"

"I'm fine mom really! We'll be home soon and everything will go back to normal." Rose looked towards Scorpius. Normal, when we get home, everything will be nothing but normal. Scorpius looked back at her, he realized what he just said and gave her a hopeful look.

"Scorpius who are you looking at? It that Rose?"

"Hi Mr.Malfoy," Rose said into the mirror. Present Ron tried to move towards Rose. He may not be her father yet, but he still new that no daughter of his was going to be associated with a Malfoy. But then again, he did see her kiss Scorpius twice... From now on, he would never let his daughter be associated with a Malfoy.

"How's your father?" Draco asked, "I haven't seen him since we went out with Blaise and Harry to that Muggle comedy show? Who was it again.. John Mulaney?"

Ron was taken back. He and Harry are civilized with Draco in the future? He never thought the day would come. Maybe Draco isn't so bad in the future after all...

"He's fine Mr.Malfoy, in fact, he's trying to get mum to take him to another one! I believe, Chad Daniels this time."

"Keep me updated! I would love to see him too. Well, we are going to try to reschedule our dinner plans for tomorrow. Luna and Rolf were supposed to come over with Lysander and Lorcan tonight. Stay safe!"

Scorpius nodded, "Bye mum, dad. I'll see you soon."

"Love you sweetie!" Astoria called as she blew kisses to the mirror before it blurred back into nothingness.

Scorpius handed the mirror back to Teddy and everyone went to finish the tasks before Molly barged in telling everyone lunch was ready. Everyone gathered back into the kitchen to see sandwiches displayed on the table...