03. chapter

CHAPTER THREE !

WESLEY REMEMBERS Lana's face.

It was slightly chubby, with a normal nose, almond eyes, full lips and slight acne breaking through.

His image of her is from last year. And he doesn't understand what was so wrong about acne. He's gotten it once or twice in his life. Farah has gotten it as well.

Wesley remembers her complaining about it once.

And he can understand why she sounds a bit baffled by it. He remembers, when Farah had stayed over his house once she had brought a massive makeup bag. He'd gotten a bit scared and asked her what it was. Farah had proceeded to list out her skincare and her makeup routine, which sounded longer than his chemistry teacher's one hour lecture.

Female skin care routines were, and still is, a force to be reckoned with.

But what slightly breaks his heart is the fact that the last sentence she had written was 'help me.'

He was no stranger to being emotional. Wesley feels responsible for what Lana has written about. There was nothing wrong with being fat, but the girl was unable to comprehend it, and he feels that it was his fault.

If only he and his friends had never made jokes about it, she wouldn't be feeling this way.

The episode replays in his mind over and over again. The mind was a funny thing to Wesley honestly. A random day, or a bunch of days that were of no significance to Wesley a few days back were the only thing on his mind now.

He keeps on hearing the jokes Farah and his friends made about her.

His mind won't stop.

During lunch, Wesley seeks out Maurice. He forgets all about saving a seat for Farah's new friend Jennifer and focuses on finding Maurice.

Of course, Wesley doesn't need to actually find Maurice because they sit in the same lunch table, but Wesley wants to talk to him alone and he doesn't want to announce it in front of everyone.

So he settles in front of the cafeteria doors, where he's sure Maurice is gonna pass in order to get to their table.

The silent fact that Lana may also pass by occurs to him as well but he hopes Maurice is faster.

Anyways, even if Lana did pass before Maurice Wesley would have no qualms about it considering she is the reason he's seeking him out privately.

Maurice passes by before Lana, and Wesley is happy. He grabs a hold of Maurice and drags him to a corner where nobody can hear him.

"What's up dude?" Maurice asks, slightly surprised at Wesley's actions.

"I wanted to ask something," Wesley replies, running a hand through his hair.

"Yeah, okay?" He eyes Wesley suspiciously. "You have some classes with Lana right? Do you have by any chance the last period with her?" Wesley questions.

Wesley has no idea what he's doing. But when he saw the sentence 'help me' he could turn away. His curious side of him wants to keep reading, wants to know about the damaged girl.

But he knows it's wrong. Three entries of reading about Lana Gardiner's life and he feels sad. He feels a bit angry as well. He feels angry at himself. And also at her. He wants to scream at her, to tell her that what she's worrying about is stupid.

That she shouldn't worry about anything that they made fun of last year or the past 17 years of her life.

"Why are you so interested in Lana Gardiner?" He scoffs. Wesley crosses his arms. "I have my reasons okay? So is she or is she not? In your last class I mean."

"Well she's supposed to be." Maurice replies. Wesley frowns, his nose wrinkling.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Maurice shrugs. "Well it means that she's not gonna be in my class this last period."

"And why not?" He persists, slightly annoyed at his friend about the fact that he was being very elusive.

"Because, Lana Gardiner hasn't come to school in like eight weeks." Maurice explains. "No one knows where she is."

[A/N: when I proofread it sounds so bad because I'm so bad at writing in present tense and nothing flows and asdfghjkll ]