02. chapter

CHAPTER TWO !

WESLEY'S MIND jumps when Farah slams her locker shut.

He lets out an uncontrollable sound of surprise and Farah raises a perfectly shaped brow. "What's wrong?" She asks, her hand brushing his shoulder.

Wesley shakes his head. "Nothing," he shrugs. His backpack feels heavier than ever and he knows the reason why.

Lana Gardiner's diary is inside it.

After reading the first three entries, Wesley couldn't read further. The thought of reading the rest makes him sick to the stomach.

Farah grins, her pearly whites showing. She brushes a strand of her perfectly straight black hair behind her ear. "If you say so babe," she leans over and kisses him on the cheek.

"I'll see you at lunch okay? Save Jennifer a seat as well today."

Wesley forces himself to smile, and utters a 'sure' before his girlfriend saunters off to her first class.

Wesley has never found anything wrong with Farah to this day. She was always a great girlfriend to him. She listened, cared and loved him.

But he feels a small pit in his stomach after talking to her a few minutes ago. He's never felt like this about her.

He wonders why. Maybe it's because during the whole twenty minutes she was talking, all Wesley could think about were the remarks Farah had made towards Lana.

His stomach curls when he thinks about Lana. He doesn't have any classes with her this semester so the chances of running into her are slim. But his school wasn't that big and Wesley feels that maybe luck is not on his side today.

He wonders what she was doing right this instant. Was she panicking? Frantically searching for her diary? He has no idea.

The guilt shrouding over him is unmistakably heavy. Unable to contain himself any further he un-perches himself from near the lockers and stalks over to the men's bathroom.

He decides to go inside the handicap bathroom stall which no one almost ever uses and locks himself inside it.

He takes Lana's diary from inside his backpack and flips to where he stopped and starts reading.