20.Magic

My life was a total and utter mess. I came to this conclusion as 6 pairs of eyes stared at me. 2 were Elder lilac purple, one being Valerie. 3 were magenta, coven members, including Anna. The last was the blind womans which were lightly tinged with the color.

I huffed, my breathing deep as I clutched at the table in front of me, my mind reeling. Reena had just told me her entire life story and then literally left me on a cliffhanger about the prophecy.

"Hol-ly shit. That.Was.Wild." I announced, leaning back in shock.

"What happened to you?" Anna asked, her face screwed up in astonishment.

"Well, I just met Reena and..."I began to retell the story, not missing a detail. My hands gestured wildly as I twisted back and forth, my voice raising toward the end. "and so apparently we have time to prepare until my heart swells, whatever that means." I sat back again, my hands in my lap as I raised my eyebrows, nodding at their incredulous faces. Like a Mexican wave they all turned to the old woman, her gaze not straying from me. She spoke as if answering a question.

"Her future is changing too quickly to decipher anything. The new information is confusing her, and each new thought leads her in a different direction." My mouth snapped shut as my eyebrows shot up. She was a seer, she could see the future. It made sense, her blindness and the way she held herself, how she could navigate through rooms. She could see, just not through her gaze.

I had never met a Seer, they came few and far now, sought after for their unique gift. They had been hunted by vampires during the industrial revolution, nearly to the brink of extinction. Just one part of creating a Seer child involved both biological parents being witches, which was almost as impossible due to the fact that male witch's were scarce.

Vampires can have Half breeds, which is where a Pure blood line gets diluted to the point the venom doesn't completely override a human body, but witch's were born if just one parent had witch lineage. Thats why Seers are so powerful, because they were created with two witch bloodlines.

Cosima turned, her head twitching awkwardly. The other three coven members began to move, crying out, eyes ablaze.

Valerie, Anna and I looked between each other as the door opened and four Guardians burst inside, eyes black fading into gray. They were dressed in black insignia, no weapons needed for they had their powerful magic.

Cosima stood, a determined look on her face as addressed the room.

"We must inform the Queen of the attack." They fled the room before we could even question it.

¤¤¤

The next day I met Anna and Valerie in the library again, this time Maddy was with me but the coven was not. News had spread through the estate about the group that had been sent to retrieve Estrianna's grimoire. Orion's movement had attacked them, killing both the vampires, two witches and a Gaurdian, leaving only three survivors. It was unknown if they managed to keep Orion from getting his mother's spell book.

The coven and Celeste were working on getting the survivors back safely, which left Anna and Valerie as my tutors.

We sat in the seating area in front of the hearth, flipping through some public grimoires, non personalized ones that contained simple spells. Valerie figured that since I had broken open Reena's slash my soul that I'd may as well learn magic.

"Okay, since Reena excelled in elemental magic, we'll start there. She had the most control of fire, so hold your hand toward the fire place and repeat after me. Inferno bilazo. It will take a while so-"

"Inferno bilazo." Fire leapt from my palm, lighting the wood in the hearth. I could feel it, the heat beneath my skin as it started in my chest and travelled down my arm. Since breaking the diamond glass it felt like I'd grown a new limb, and I constantly had this thrum in my body that beat like a second heart. It had kept me awake when I tried to sleep last night. But seeing that very feeling become tangible, become alive, was crazy. My eyebrows shot up as I stared at my hand, turning it over and feeling the skin. Anna stare incredulously, but her mother just smirked.

"Um okay how about trying to lift that book. Leviàs." The book rose slowly, rocking slightly. I grinned as Maddy clapped her hands excitedly.

I went through several grimoires, performing spell after spell, and potion after potion, much to Anna's chagrin. After hours of going through easy to difficult spells, I was worn out in a way I had never been before. I felt like I'd done a 24 hour session at a gym. Everything ached, even my eyes.

"Next week you'll learn about the history of witchcraft. You obviously don't need too much more time studying spells. Eventually you won't need to verbally communicate to accomplish magic, it will become  second nature, will flow freely." I nodded tiredly, staggering to my feet. I told the girls goodnight and exited the library. I hurried to my room, my speed changing me to a blur. I ignored the thought of food or blood and opened my door, pausing as Finian stared up at me from my bed.

I frustratingly shut my eyes, my head tilted to the side as I smiled awkwardly. We'd barely spoken since he had apologized, other than the daily greetings as I trained. We'd never technically had a conversation.

"You're making a habit of showing up in my room." I noted, kicking my shoes off on my way to the bed. He smiled tensely, sat against the headboard. I flopped onto the bed on my stomach, too tired to feel embarrassed about my exhausted state.

I stared up at him as he watched me, my head on my hands. "Is there a particular reason you've graced me with your presence?" He smiled casually, the right side of his mouth pulling up. He had a light layer of stubble across his jaw, making him almost more attractive, if that was possible.

"Not really, I just wanted to see how you were." My toes curled involuntary at the sound of his voice, deep and masculine. I wondered briefly what he would sound like first thing after he woke up, my heart beating faster at the thought.

I smiled lazily, my eyes closed. I could feel my mate watching me, my blood thrumming like the magic I'd just unleashed. After a few minutes I spoke, my voice croaky.

"How old are you?" Finian shifted, the bed moving. I watched as he mimicked my position, his face close enough to mine that I could feel his breath against my skin.

"I'm twenty three." I took in his features as he spoke, his blue eyes focussed on my own. His hair flopped slightly over his forehead, the dark brown curls looked like silk. He had a small scar on his chin, and a mole near his left ear.

"Oh you're old, you're ancient." I joked, my body relaxed with my mate so close.

"Hey, I am not old. You're what? Seventeen?" His thick eyebrows were raised, his mouth slightly open in a playful smile.

"Yeah exactly, I'm not eighteen for like a few more weeks. Oh my, you're a cradle snatcher!" I announced dramatically, grinning. He scoffed and buried his head into the pillow, murmuring something unintelligible.

I closed my eyes, smiling as he shifted again. I was nearly asleep a few minutes later when he spoke.

"So, how was your day?" I didn't bother opening my eyes. I just groaned in reply, tumbling further into sleep. I heard him chuckle and whisper something, before I blacked out.