14- "Who are you?"

*Ana's pnt of view*

"Can you at least tell me where we're going?" I asked exasperated, though I had a smile on my face that wouldn't fade.
"Why do you need to know?" He asked shrugging.
"Because you've been acting secretive since this morning. And now my stomach is literally hurting from excitement and nerves, you have to give me something. A clue... anything!" I said, opening my arms and shrugging.
"Okay, we're going on a date." He said in a sarcastic smart tone.
"Okay where?" I said rolling my eyes, trying to ignore the fact that my heart numbed at the words "we" and "date".
"See you asked for one clue. And one clue is what I gave." He said in a much stern tone.
"You're a butt." I simply stated.
"A cute butt." He corrected me.
"Don't flatter yourself." I said brushing him off.
"I don't need to. Your blush says it all." He pointed out smugly, and my blush darkened.
"Shut up." I said looking away.

I laughed as I looked out the window, while we drove on. The previous night, I ended up falling asleep, and even with an injured shoulder, Jaxon carried me and tucked me in, then he went to his room.

I woke up to find Sonya placing a box and a note on my nightstand. The box held a simple outfit, with a high waist denim and medium crop top with printed flowers, and a pair comfy flats matching the top.

At first I refused it, but Jaxon had already thought of that because on his note he wrote "Dear princess, I'm pretty sure you've already told Sonya that you didn't want my gift, but see you have to wear it, or else it'll only prove that I can read you like a book." Though I'm sure it was his plan all along, I can't let him think that he can control me.

Throughout the day, I was getting pampered, and no one would tell me what was going on. When the clock struck five PM, I was called down by Sonya, where at the base of the stairs, I was met with a casual yet handsome Jaxon. He greeted me with a kiss on the cheek, then he escorted me outside, where a sky blue jeep wrangler greeted us.

I looked over at him suspiciously, and he said "I believe once I overheard you tell Stewart that you had a thing for wranglers."

I giggled like a schoolgirl, and jumped in the passenger seat. 

We have only been on the road for a few minutes, yet I was dying to know where we were heading, but the handsome jerk wouldn't tell me. When we crossed a bridge, and the sea came into view at the horizon, I began feeling a smile grow on my lips.

After driving for a few more minutes, Jaxon pulled up to an open air restaurant right on the beach.

Just step off the side of the restaurant and on to the sand.

The air smelled of sea life and salt and sand. The air was cool, and the waves made a sound that could lull anyone to sleep. I closed my eyes and smiled in wonder.

The moment was peaceful.

I felt two arms wrap around me, as I felt his soft lips land against my neck.

I felt a blush grow, and I wanted to move away, especially when a few people passing by began to gush among themselves while they looked over at us.

"Come on." He whispered against my ear, causing my heart to skip a beat.

He intertwined his fingers with mine and he pulled me along to the restaurant. The minute the maître D saw Jaxon, he was instantly seated at the most expensive table with the best view. As he walked, the waitresses batted their eyelashes, and women turned to stare, which then caused me to blush and suddenly feel self conscious. He pulled my chair out for me, and I could feel the millions of invisible daggers coming my way.

He kissed my head as he said "a princess should hold her head up."

I blushed and smiled as his Romeo gesture, and I felt my nerves melt away.

Our server was very professional and kind. We both had seafood dishes, and then we shared ice cream on the beach.

We walked along the shore, until we found a perfect spot to sit.

I sighed in pure bliss at just how everything turned out. But there was this little voice in my head that kept asking whether things were moving too fast. I was technically kidnapped by Jaxon, and there are some shady parts of his life that I still didn't know about.

At those thoughts I found myself frowning.

"What's going on in that head of yours. You look worried." Said Jaxon as he observed me.

I looked over at him and shook my head as I said "you kidnapped me, then shot a man in the knee just to get me to stay with you. We got shot at outside of your home, and people literally quake in fear just at the thought of you."
"Yes." He confirmed, as though he was already used to all those details.
"Who are you?" I almost whispered to him.

And he looked at me with his hypnotic eyes, and smiled, but it wasn't a friendly smile then he pulled me closer, his eyes never leaving mine as he his lips whispered over mine "I'm a beast." At his words I gasped, my lips parted in anticipation.

Anticipation of a kiss that never came, because he pulled away, and added "And you princess, are a fragile beauty, that somehow seems to be the key to my humanity." Then just like that quiet fell on us.

His words "I'm a beast" kept on repeating in my head, and as I stayed quiet beside him, alarms started to go off, and I felt myself building a wall around my heart. I felt a bit of fear and uncertainty start to crawl up my spine, but before it could control me, Jaxon wrapped his arm around me as he said "don't think about it too much. I don't bite... unless I'm hungry. " He added with a wink.

His words caused a fire to spread over me, and he laughed at my flustered expression.

I pushed him away, then I started laughing as well.

After the air cleared up the rest of our date went well, we watched the horizon until it was dark, then we headed back to the mansion.

When we parked the car, Sonya was waiting for us at the door.

She ran up to us, and blocked us from going into the house.

"Sonya what's going on? Are you okay?" Asked Jaxon.
"Jaxon, I don't think you should go in. Take Ana somewhere else." Said Sonya apprehensive.
"What why? Sonya you're acting weird." Said Jaxon, as Sonya looked over her shoulder, worried.
"Sonya what is-"
"Hello Jaxon." Came a voice from behind Sonya.

Our eyes turned, and at the door stood a grand woman with volumous brown hair cascading down her back, pearly white teeth, and red dress on.

She walked down the stairs so gracefully, as though she was floating.

He hips moved at a natural seductive manner, her eyes a bright hazel color glimmered in the moonlight.
"Oh Ana I am so sorry." Said Sonya.

But before I could ask Sonya what away going on, the lady approached me as she said "hi I'm Rose. Jaxon's fiancée. I'm guessing you're his new toy for the season. Don't feel flattered honey that he's flaunting you around. You're just a distraction. But I'm back, your job is done here, so I suggest you pack up and scram." At her words my mouth fell open, but she paid that no mind.
Then she turned to a cold face Jaxon as she added "I'm back baby." Then her lips were on his.

And just like that my world stopped.

____________________________________

Hey guys!

Update is way overdue, and I apologize.

But here it is.

So, we have a new twist, a "Rose" is now present in the story. And she is back baby! What do you think is going on? How would you feel if you were in Ana's shoes? What would you do?

Let me know what you think by VOTING, COMMENTING, AND SHARING.

Lots of ❤❤❤

-Tania.

P.S.: Next update = 15 comments