Chapter 22: Crazy

Mature Content Warning

A/N: Woo hoo!

Jae

The travel mug hits the floor and Braden bounces slightly off of Reed's large frame. When the large man starts to growl at Braden, I take a step back. Growling never seems to go well. Braden seems unaffected however, rolling his eyes and picking up the cup. Instead of handing the cup to the growling man, Braden actually reaches out to grab his hand instead. What the hell?

Braden takes the larger man's hand and wraps it around the mug but Braden only gets snarled at. Again, it doesn't even seem to bother the smaller man. Then I watch, as Braden does the weirdest thing. He tilts his head to the side and actually leans into the other man.

Seriously. The hell?

My eyebrows hit my hairline when the snarling jerk actually leans over Braden, practically curling around and releasing a breath across his exposed neck. Once the two men finally lean away from each other, Braden actually smiles up the other and teases him.

"Touchy, are we, Beta?" Okay, now Braden's talking about Reed touching him?

Then, the other man does it! Reaches right out and runs his fingers through Braden's curls. I don't even catch what the big man says, before he just saunters off down the hall again.

"Come on, it's fine. Let's go eat." Braden turns to keep walking while my hand reaches out without thought and grabs him.

First, I wanted to see if Braden would admit to me being his mate. He didn't. Then he tells me about wanting a family and pups, which I took to meant children. The thought was terrifying, but the small smile on Braden's face when he talked about the love of a family together was mesmerizing. Now, he's letting some guy be all over him in the hallway.  My confusion has mounted through out the day but I'm realizing that I feel some things stronger than that.

I tug Braden around to face me, stepping in close. He backs up and that pisses me off. He didn't back up when that behemoth was acting macho over some spilled coffee. I pin Braden against the wall, resting my hands on it, on either side of his head.

"What. The hell. Was that?"

"What's wrong?" Braden asks. His eyes seem to search mine, concern evident on his face. Since I got here, Braden's been watching me for my reactions and yet now he doesn't even know what's wrong.

"What's that... you do with Reed?"

"Huh? Oh! I just acted submissive, because he was grumpy." I frown at his words. Partially, trying to figure out what he's telling me.

"You act?"

"Um, well, Reed? He was angry." I nod in agreement, the man growling and baring his teeth, I understood that.

"It... was a accident." Both werewolves caused the spill. It was just some coffee.

"Yes, but Reed is like that when he first wakes up." I can't believe it when Braden just shrugs off what I'm saying.

"I don't understand!" I bite out, clenching my hands into fists. Why did Braden act like that with him?

"Okay, okay!" Braden raises his hands in a 'calm down' gesture. Since I'm standing so close, his palms are almost touching my chest. The smaller man swallows and drops his hands down again.

"Sometimes, our wolf side is stronger." Braden pauses and I consider his words, nodding for him to continue. "Beta Reed is the bigger wolf. He was angry and acted like an angry wolf. I'm the smaller wolf. I acted... hmm, I showed him, that I wasn't something to get mad at."