05. Stop lying

Hot copper, how did they know about hot copper? I labored my breaths trying to fight the pain

Hot copper, how did they know about hot copper? I labored my breaths trying to fight the pain. It felt like someone had poured acid through my veins. My vision blurred and I continued to cough. I felt the rod come out of my side. The feeling relieved itself. I sighed out loudly. My skin that had green veins slowly started to disappear. I looked up at Steve who looked at me confused. My veins still burned like fire but it was bearable. I stood slowly but my knee's buckled and I fell down again. I groaned but tried again and was able to actually stand. "Are you okay?" I nodded looking around the elevator to see everyone down. Steve presses the glass of the elevator but there was a swat team waiting. Steve used his shield and caused the elevator to drop. It slowed and we were stuck between floors, Steve pries the doors open and sees more agents with weapons.

He looks at the window then back at me. I nodded as we both stepped back and ran. The glass shattered and we fell. I mustered up my strength and landed the cement cracking at my landing. I looked to Steve who stood from his landing. I had gotten my strength back from being exposed to the copper. I looked at Steve who wheezed slightly before gathering the strength to stand. "You okay?" I asked he nodded looking around we started running. We got onto Steve's motorcycle and started to head for the bridge. As it closed Steve jumped over it and we made it out. I breathed out in relief as we started down the roads. That relief was short lived as spikes came up from the cement and a jet was above us. The jet started shooting. I rolled my eyes shooting out the guns using my heat vision causing the metal to fall onto the cement. Steve jumped from the bike after throwing his shield at the jet. I jumped onto the glass following after him.

I punched my fist into the metal pulling out some wires and Steve and I jumped off. I watched the plane land on the road. We looked at one another before continuing to leave the property. We made our way back to the hospital to retrieve the flash drive only to find it wasn't there. My eyes widened before the same redhead from before popped some gum standing behind us. I turned grabbing her by the throat slamming her into a wall in the next room. My grip on her throat was tight enough to keep her there but not tight enough to hurt her. "Where is it?" I asked quietly

"Safe," She answers smirking

"Do better," Steve says

"Where did you two get it?" She asks

"Why would I tell you anything?" I asked glaring at her tightening my grip slightly on her throat.

"Fury gave it to you," She guesses "Why?" She finishes though her voice comes out heavily, loosen my hand slightly.

"What's on it?" Steve askes

"I don't know," She answers looking behind me to look at Steve

"Stop lying," I say

"I only act like I know everything," I glare at her taking my hand off she rubs her throat before stepping away from the wall. I turned to look out the window that shades were barely open but still listening to her.

"Bet you knew Fury hired the pirates," Steve asks she looks around opening her mouth slightly

"Well it makes sense, the ship was dirty Fury needed a way in and so do you," She says Steve grabs her

"I'm not gonna ask you again," He says

"I know who killed Fury," I snap my head to look at her again.