21. I'm surprised you told us.

I sighed softly sitting on the couch of the Bartons home

   I sighed softly sitting on the couch of the Bartons home. I watched the children run around happily play with the Doctor and Nat while I sat on the couch thinking of my hallucination. Nat kisses Lila, Clint's daughter on the side of the head and hugs Cooper before they run out of the room. "What did you see?" Nat asks me

   "I don't know, that's what scares me," I tell her as I start to chew on my lip "I was in a lab with my siblings they were unconscious. A scientist, I'm guessing came in a hazmat suit. He took a needle and stabbed it into my chest. That pain, the only time I've ever felt something like that was when I've been stabbed with cooper. But this pain was different, like acid being poured into my veins. I have no idea where this memory came from," I sigh shaking my head looking at Nat "What about you?"

   "I saw the Red Room," Nat says shortly "It was like a time lapse of what happened there, all of the worst parts of being there," I could tell she didn't want to talk about it so I dropped it nodding curtly. I put my hand on her shoulder before standing leaving her with Vivianne who kissed her head and held her in a hug. I walked outside leaning against the porch pillar. I watch Tony and Steve chop wood. I stepped down the steps of the house moving to listen to what they were saying.

   "Thor didn't say where he was going for answers?" Tony asks Steve and me

   "Sometimes my teammates don't tell me things. I was kind of hoping Thor would be the exception," I look at Steve as he spoke. He seemed so upset, I wasn't sure if it was because of what the Maximoff girl showed him or just for the simple fact that Clint didn't tell us this part of his life.

   "Yeah, give him time. We don't know what the Maximoff kid showed him," Tony says trying to explain why Thor left like he did.

   "'Earth's Mightiest Heroes.' Pulled us apart like cotton candy," Steve says I sigh resisting the urge to roll my eyes.

   "Seems like you walked away all right," Tony says to Steve. I furrow my brows, why did that matter?

   "Is that a problem?" Steve asks

   "I don't trust a guy without a dark side. Call me old-fashioned," I roll my eyes, children.

   "Well let's just say you haven't seen it yet," Steve snarks

    "You know Ultron is trying to tear us apart, right?"Tony says

   "First correct thing you've said since you created Ultron," I say causing him to look at me offended "I'm surprised you told us," I say sarcastically still extremely irked by the creation of the robot.

   "Banner and I were doing research," Tony defends

   "That would affect the team," Steve says

   "That would end the team. Isn't that the mission? Isn't that the "why" we fight, so we can end the fight, so we get to go home?" Steve rips a log in half looking at Tony in anger and disbelief

   "You tried to win a war before it started, every time someone does that people die!" I shout when suddenly Laura interrupts.

   "I'm sorry. Mr. Stark, uh, Clint said you wouldn't mind, but, our tractor, it doesn't seem to want to start at all. I thought maybe you might..." She asks with a sorry smile. I breathe in trying to calm myself.

   "Yeah, I'll give her a kick," Tony tells her before turning to look at Steve  "Don't take from my pile,"