Chapter 23

Marinette's POV

"W..what...?" He froze "I..I'm sorry...I regret having this feelings for you but...I don't know why...it has to be you..." I gave him an upsetting look in the eyes, he was left speechless, until there was an awkward silence between us.

I noticed Chat's bruises starts to heal randomly, and I don't know how did that happened, until he slowly held my hand and pulled me in to a hug "I'm...sorry..." He whispered in my ear as I felt shivers from his cold tone "f..for what?" I replied "I got you into this mess..." He mumbled back, I sighed hardly in relief.

"It's okay..." I said as I later then broke the hug and noticed him smiled weakly...

Adrien/Chat Noir's POV

I ended up resting my head on Mari's lap, I felt very safe when I'm around her and I also hope she felt the same way, I felt very relief, happy as well.

"Mind telling me...why are you doing this?" She mentioned, I stayed silent for a moment "my...father..." I murmured "what about him...?" she asked "remember the day I saved you from the explosion I created near by the buildings?" I asked she gave me a small nod "you asked me...why am I doing this...the truth is...I'm being forced..." I added "by your father?" She added again I gave her a sad nod.

"Ever since my mother passed away...he always seemed to suffer from her death, he always get so angry at me, even small things I've done..." "Until one day after you left me, he made me someone who I...never wanted to become one in the first place..." My tone suddenly changed, it felt cold, leaving also my face emotionless.

"I'm sorry...I left you...and I didn't know this would happen to you..." She looked down sadly, I got up from her lap and held her chin slowly as I tried to make her face me straight "hey it's not your fault, you had reasons why you left me...and I understand..." I said, Marinette hardly pursed her pink lips "I'll...try to convince my father, even if it risks my life..." I mumbled "Wait what...no I should help...!" I held her hand again "don't worry about me this time...I'll be okay..." I gave her the weakest smile I have as I tried to, she came in for a hug as comfort, I hugged her back slowly.

"I don't wanna lose you ever..."