Chapter 17

Chapter 17

He was back in the bed. He was waiting it out now. There wasn't much he could do except think of what he was going to do. There was a slight plan forming in his head, but he wasn't sure if it was strong enough to actually work. There were some things that relied on the reactions and actions of the man and the other person.

Those things were out of his control.

He sat cross legged on the edge, looking at the door as if it was going to open any second. It could. But he would probably hear their footsteps before anything happened.

He stared at the door. His lips were chapped and his throat was dry from not eating or drinking. He had access to food and water from the kitchen, but it was more so that his eating habits—or lack of—that was keeping him from feeding his hungry body.

No matter how much he thought to himself that he should eat so he could build up his strength, he couldn't bring himself to think of anything other than the girl's fingers in his mouth. It was getting worse than it had been when he was back home. The situation was obviously worse now that he was back with the psychos who had caused him to become insane.

His lips also burned from the aftermath of the man's kisses. It wasn't much so the kisses behind the mask. Those had felt weirdly violating.

The kiss that started it all should have been the most violating.

Yet...

Varian was once again puzzled why he felt as though he knew this man.

He was still wondering what he thought was so familiar when he finally heard what he'd been waiting for.

Footsteps.

They were heavy footfalls that no doubt belonged to the man who was in charge. The other person might be with him and that might be the other thing he was hearing.

They were drawing closer. He stood up and wrung his hands a couple of times to get the nerves out of his system. He wasn't going to do anything right now. There was no chance for him to do anything when he was exhausted and frazzled out of his mind.

The door opened.

He was right. The man and the other person were there together. This was the first time he'd seen them together side by side. The last time they had been together was when the man had...

Again, he wasn't going to think about that. But it was true. That was the last time and the only time that he'd seen them together. Otherwise he would have thought they were the same person and he was really losing his mind because he swore they had different eyes.

He knew they were different because of that brief moment.

At least something had come out of the horrid time.

They didn't look alike at all now that he was looking at them clearly next to one another. The man was taller by a few inches, thinner, and slimmer. The other person had a more filled out body shape. They weren't overweight. They were just more stalky.

The clothes were almost identical though. The only difference was the other person didn't have the obnoxious chain on their pants.

He was more certain now that the other person was a man as well. They were flat chested and they had the shape of an athletic man.

"Have you eaten?"

Varian didn't answer.

The man shook his head and laughed under his breath.

"If you don't eat soon, I'm going to have to force you to."

Varian sneered.

The man and the other just stared at him. They were back to intimidation tactics. Varian was fine with that. He could work with this. What he couldn't work with was the man kissing him whenever he wanted.