4 - Red Door

Derek carries Isaac out of his car and up the stairs to his old house. I run ahead of him, opening the front door and quickly stepping out of his way. Derek waltz right in the house with Scott slowly trailing behind him on the phone with Stiles. 

    "Can you tell me about it later?" Scott starts to follow Derek before stopping in the middle of the room. 

   I move around him and find Derek laying Isaac down on a table. He says he needs to heal Isaac all the way, which kind of scares me what he means by that because Isaac's wounds are healed. Is Derek trying to say they aren't fully healed?

   "Okay, then meet me at Derek's. Just meet us here." Scott ends the call. 

   Derek crouches down next to a pile of wood on the ground. Is wood supposed to help my brother? I stand by the table, nervously glancing down. Isaac is still out cold from the hospital. Why is he still asleep? I bet that nurse gave him something to do this. Fear bubbles up in my chest as I put all of the pieces together. There is an Alpha Pack and something is telling me that we just encountered two. 

    "You don't still live here, do you?" Scott comes up from behind me, but the question isn't directed towards me. 

   "No. The county took it over, but there's something here that I need." Derek tosses the small pieces of wood away from where he needs to get to. "It'll help heal a wound from an Alpha."

   Scott looks over my shoulder. "Yeah, but it did heal."

   "Not on the inside." Derek worriedly glances at my brother. He picks up some kind of blue berry of some kind. Underneath all of the wood, a few pieces of the plant lay scattered on the ground. What is that? 

   "Hey, are you gonna tell me who that was back there? That Alpha." Scott tries to get answers.

    "A rival pack. It's my problem. I know you wanna help, and you did. I owe you one." Derek stands up with the berries in hand. "Now go home. Go back to being a teenager."

   Derek drops the berries on the table, still connected to the stem. I move away from Scott to stand on the other side of the table. Scott starts to walk out of the room until I see him stop and grab his arm, right where his tattoo was supposed to be. 

   "Uh, hey, Derek. If you wanna repay back that favor now... There is something you can do for me."

   After Derek worked his magic on Isaac, I started to see Isaac's color change in his face. He seemed more lively after the berries. I didn't ask what kind they were. I was too worried about Isaac. Scott ended up sticking around because Derek is going to give him his tattoo that he wants so badly. This tattoo must really mean a lot to him. 

   Now, Derek and Scott are sitting down, examing Scott's arm. Stiles finally arrived and I've been standing next to him this entire time. I don't know how Derek exactly plans on doing the tattoo, but I don't need Stiles to pass out again from it. If he falls, I'll catch him, I hope.

   Derek eye's flick right back to his usual color instead of his werewolf red. He moves his fingers over the area of Scott's arm that once had the tattoo on it. "Yeah, I see it. It's two bands, right?" Scott nods. "What does it mean?"

   Scott shrugs and with his other hand he traces two circles in the dirt on the barrell next to them. "I don't know. It's just something I traced with my fingers."

   "Why is this so important to you?" Derek asks, genuinely interested.

   "Do you know what the word "tattoo" means?" Scott quietly asks.