Chapter Four

Ajax: December Nineteenth

Ajax:
December Nineteenth.

"Yes, very well. I will see you on the twenty-fourth." I say finally as our conversation begins to diminish.

"And she has no idea that we are coming?" Octavius asks once more, needing more reassurance.

"I will make sure of it."

"Perfect, see you then." He says just before I say my goodbyes and hang up the phone.

I gather my papers all together and set them off to the side of my desk and update my calendar. Apparently Octavia loves to celebrate the human holiday that is Christmas. I have heard about it in the past, but never bothered to celebrate. I jot down all the necessary decorations needed that Octavius mentioned.

We both agreed to hold the celebration here as a surprise. I will have to inform Cipher, she will be thrilled to know she can spend a ridiculous amount of time party planning and decorating.

At the sound of light knocking on the door I cover the list of decorations with random papers that need to be signed before calling out, "Come in!"

I could smell her sweet delicious scent before she even walked into the room. Her chocolate brown waves fell loosely around her shoulders as her vibrant green eyes scanned the room before falling upon me. She was dressed in a long over sized grey knit sweater that nearly swallowed her.

"What are you doing out of bed? Shouldn't you be resting?" I raise a quizzical eyebrow. I know for a fact that the doctor recommended she take it easy over the next week.

"I am bored. I keep having horrible flash backs from that day..." She trails off as she makes small advances towards the front of my desk.

I nod in understanding. Although I have been sleeping better since she woke up I still have nightmares of that night and of her still being in that coma. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I had not bothered to really talk about that day with anyone. I, of course, had to update the entire pack and deliver the bad news, but I never spoke about my personal feelings. It feels a bit odd now that I'm so willing to share them.

"The memories come back in pieces, I feel like I can't remember all of it." She sighs and takes a seat in one of the chairs in front of my desk.

"I wish I could forget certain details from that day..." It comes out as a whisper, but I'm sure she heard it anyway.

"It's actually very frustrating."

"If it is really bothering you I can try and fill in some of the missing details."

She nods her head in approval and runs her shaky hand through her hair. Remembering that day is traumatizing for both of us. My wolf stirs with unease.

"Well, I remember feeling really sick before Cynthia and... Ted took me. I also remember the basement and the chains but after that things become foggy and I can't remember everything."