Chapter Nine

Octavia:
Christmas Eve.

Ajax had told me the elders were coming the day I woke up from my short coma, but it had completely slipped my mind. There has been too much catching up to do.

Jalex is gone. No one has seen or heard from him. His pack has mysteriously disappeared. I have two marks, but sometimes I forget because I don't really feeling anything new. The deaths of our warriors hit the pack heavily and I have been putting the majority of my focus on spending time with the victims families. I feel guilty, like I owe them something. And now the elders are here and probably extremely upset.

I glance over at the clock on the wall just as the hand struck twelve. It's Christmas Eve. I used love Christmas time because it was a time where I was constantly surrounded by family and warm delicious food. Now, I'm surrounded by a darkness, one I can't seem to escape.

Ajax's hand clasps itself around mine and I look up at him. His shoulders were tense and his jaw locked. He was putting on a void mask, attempting to seem more put together for the oldest men in history. Maybe I should do the same.

Alexander pushes the dining room door open. Five men all sat on one side of the table. They didn't seem old whatsoever to my surprise. The oldest one didn't even look like he had reach his mid-sixties. What the hell? How had they managed to stay so well preserved?

The tension in the air was so thick that I could practically feel it, making it hard to breathe. Ajax bows his head in respect and I quickly do the same. He guides me over the table and we take a seat across from them.

All of their eyes shift to me, or rather the secondary mark on my neck.

"You're quite the spectacle, Octavia of the CrescentBlood pack." The one in the center speaks, planking his elbows on the table and leaning forward.

"Yes, indeed. I'm surprised you're even alive." Another one adds. I don't dare say anything or even make eye contact. I feel... scared. Ajax squeezes my hands and shifts uncomfortably in his seat. I don't think I've ever seen him this nervous before.

"Elders, with all due respect, I need to know if you have any information on how to remove the secondary mark." My mate clears his throat. His stormy blue eyes dart back and forth as he respectfully tries to hold eye contact with all of these men.

"Unfortunately, Mr. Black, we don't have any information for you. This has never happened before in all of our history." The man in the middle responds.

"In fact we will need to conduct an interview with the Alpha family and your second and third in commands." The one to his right adds.

"We also need to keep this situation as quiet as possible. We don't need Octavia to become even more than a spectacle. If other packs find out she wears the mark of two Alpha's they'll start to question our ways of choosing mates validity."

"Nonsense. Why would they do that?" A man at the end of the table questions, leaning forward to make eye contact with the elder who was speaking. The other man sends him a glare, as if to say 'you know exactly why'.

The air in the room began to feel uncomfortable, like I was a child watching both of my parents argue about something that is none of my business. They're keeping something a secret and I would very much like to know what it is. What if it could help my situation?

"Of course." Ajax pipes up and breaks the staring competition the two elders were having. "Whatever it is you need we will be here to provide it for you."

"Good." The man in the middle, whom seems to hold the most authority, nods his head in approval. "We will start the first interview with your uncle, Alexander."

Ajax stands and bows his head in respect once again and I follow suit. His thumb swirls lightly on the back of my hand as he leads me out of the dining room.

"Octavia, there is something I want to tell you." He speaks up when we step outside of the pack house.

I stop and turn to face him, our hands still intertwined. His blue orbs run the surface of my face and he sighs heavily, seeming like he might regret telling me the information he is withholding.

"What's the matter?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowing together in concern as my head tilts to the right as a sign of curiosity.

"I know where Siren is."

DUN

DUN. DUN. DUNNNNNNNNNNN......

Hello, my not so little ghost readers its meeeeeeeee! (the worst person to ever exist I know I know) I'm sorry!!!! Half of this chapter was already written so I thought I would give it to you so hear it is.

Maybe the rest of the story is coming.....

Maybe I'll just tell you what happens idk....

If you see any typos, point them out so I can fix them please because I didn't proof read it.

Okay love you xoxoxox