Chapter Five

Ajax:

Ajax:

December twentieth.

"Alpha," the guards head bows in respect as my foot lands on the hard cement ground of our prisoner keep. "She requested to see you. I think she is finally ready to talk." I nod my head in understanding and he steps out of the way revealing the girl who hurt my mate in more ways than one.

She wasn't cowering in the corner, hiding her face like when she first got here. Instead she sat in the center of the shabby cell, her legs crossed and her back straight. Her hands rested palm up on her knees and her eyes were closed as if concentrating. Her breathing was steady and even, the cold bitter air revealing each breath she released.

I took one large advancing step towards the cell my nose nearly brushing up against the cool silver bars that separated Siren from the rest of the world. I didn't say anything and neither did she. Her eyes remained closed and breathing even. She was dirty and becoming thin, refusing to eat the food we provided her with. It wasn't a gourmet meal, but it was enough to satisfy her and keep her from dying of starvation.

With the roll of my eyes I look back over to the guard. He shrugged his shoulders, "She's been like this ever since she asked to see you."

"Right." I said my tone clipped. I wasn't going to address her if that I what she wanted. I turn my attention back to her. Her eyes opened, and she looked at me with zero emotion or feelings. Funny, because I had plenty of emotions that I wanted to take out on her.

"You will fall and Jalex will rise." She said standing up from her place on the ground. A sly smile took over her chapped lips and her head cocked to the side like a wild animal studying its prey.

I couldn't help the chuckle that rose from my throat and pried its way passed my lips. It was a cold and empty laugh, lacking all sense of humor. "And you think he will save you? That you will rule by his pathetic side?"

Her grin grew in size, she was nearly beaming with light at the thought. She is stupid. "You are a fool." This time my laugh was humorous as I did indeed find this funny. "He locked you up in a windowless room to die and then marked my mate purposefully in front of hundreds of wolves." Her disgusting smile falters and begins to fall at the realization. Had she really forgotten about what he had done? "You are the last thing on his mind. In this very cell is where you will rot and die."

The wind howls harshly blowing around her tangled matted hair. Her face held no emotion now, her sly grin forever gone. "Not even Octavia has given you so much as a thought." I lied. Octavia doesn't even know that she is here on our territory. "Your family is aware of your betrayal and even they won't come searching for you. You're alone." I spit out the last words like it was poison on my tongue.

I turn away without so much as glance her direction and descend up the creeking stairs and exit the prison bunker. The crisp December air was unforgiving as usual, but at least the snow had stopped. Although as the wind blew harshly it picked up the existing snow on the ground and in the trees causing a mist of snow throughout the air.