Chapter Eight

Octavia:

I involuntarily take in a deep breath as I sit up quickly as hands reach out around me feeling for the freshly cut grass from that paradise,  but instead my hands grasp a hand full of Ajax's silky duvet cover. I look around the room quickly as the panic in my chest begins to settle at the familiar surroundings of my mate's bedroom. What is happening? Was that a dream? Who was that woman in my dream?

I relax against the headboard of the bed as I rack through my brain trying to remember that woman's name and try to decipher what she meant when she told me I had to choose. I wasn't even aware that I had a decision to make.

I released a frustrated groan as I run my hand over my face and rub my tired eyes. I look over at the clock on the night stand. It read 11:16pm. Where is Ajax?

"They're arriving!"

"Wait, what?"

"Are you serious?"

Yes, hurry. They'll be at the pack house at any second. Move!"

There seemed to be a lot of commotion coming from outside. I slip out of the large bed and move over to the large window, taking a peek at the scenery below me. There was a small group of pack members rushing and hustling in the direction of the pack house. The arrival of someone seemed to have them in shock and on edge.

I wonder whom it could be?

Looking down I find that I'm only wearing one of Ajax's T-shirts. Scrambling over to his closet I yank on a pair of his jogging pants and roll the top a million times so that my feet could peek out. I forget about shoes and start running for the door.

My heart rate increased with nervousness as I move my feet as fast as I can down the steps of the three story mansion. I could feel the anxiety in the air, I'm almost sure I could cut it with a knife. It feels so thick and palpable.

Just as I was about to reach for the door knob a smooth hand clasps around my upper arm pulling me back.

"Oh good you're awake!" Cipher's melodic voice rings behind me.

"Cipher, what's going on? Something doesn't feel right." I ask her quickly. She too seemed on edge like the people I watch rush over to the pack house a few seconds ago.

"It's the elders. They're here." She explains. I watch as she takes a deep breath and releases my arm.

"They're here about me aren't they?" I ask, my anxiety level rising a hundred percent. I swallow the forming lump in my throat as I take in the sad expression on her face. I'm sure they're not happy at all that I bare the mark of two men, but it's not my fault.

The elders are the oldest werewolves in history. No one truly knows how they managed to survive so long. Some say it's black magic, others will say it's the moon goddess, some people just believe in them and have faith that's just how it's supposed to be. I'm not sure I fall into any of those categories.

The thought of the moon goddess brings me back to the odd dream that I had. It's like I could feel the beautiful woman's lips on mine again as her words ring throughout my mind, telling me to choose. Making me aware that there is a choice to make.

"Where's Ajax?" I ask shaking myself from my consuming thoughts.

"He's at the pack house, waiting for them." She answers, biting the inside of her cheek nervously.

"Come on." I say grabbing a hold of her hand and pulling her in the direction of the door.

"But, Octavia! You're not wearing any shoes." She exclaims trying to release herself from my grip.

"It doesn't matter." I sigh, slightly annoyed. All I knew is that I needed to see Ajax. I need to see his face. Slamming the door open I release Cipher from my grasp and try my best to ignore the snow beneath my feet causing my skin to burn slightly.

When we finally make it over to the pack house I stop a moment just outside of the door, trying to calm my breathing and collect my thoughts. I just need to see him. He's the one. This is what Selene was talking about right? I choose him. I choose Ajax. Why in the world would I choose Jalex? I don't even know that son of a bitch.

I open the door carefully and immediately a few eyes turn to greet me. The pack members bow their heads respectfully and I give them a shy smile as a blush takes over my cheeks. I felt horribly embarrassed standing before them in Ajax's loungewear with absolutely nothing on my feet.

I sniff out my mate, my nose leading me downstairs to where the pool table is located.

He was pacing the room, mumbling something while Alexander, Sam, Weston and Marcus surrounded him.

"Ajax." I say calmly and he stops his pacing instantly, his whole demeanor changing. His shoulders relax and he lets out a relieved sigh.

My heart beats rapidly in my chest as he takes large advancing steps towards me and quickly pulls me into his chest, his strong arms wrapping around me.

"Are you okay, ducky?" He whispers into my hair, giving me a light squeeze.

I take a deep breath, inhaling his beautiful scent. I choose him. I want him. My mate. This is my only mate. Please Selene.

"I'm okay." I respond, pressing my cheek firmly against his solid chest.

"Good. The elders are here and I'm afraid of what they have to say. I don't want them to take you away from me. I just got you back." He says candidly, before pressing his lips to the crown of my head.

"I'm not going anywhere." I promise him.

"They've arrived. We have to greet them. Now." Alexander demands, his shoulders so tense it looked like he was made of stone.

I look up into those stormy blue eyes that I've grown to adore and give my mate a nod of assurance. There's no way in hell I'm leaving this beautiful man standing before me.

I choose him. I choose him. I choose him.

UNEDITED

UNEDITED.
IM HORRIBLE I KNOW.
I SWEAR IM SORRY I JUST COULDN'T WRITE AT ALL I COULD NOT.

If I'm being honest I was creeping through some of the comments in the last chapter and I felt so f*cking shitty for leaving you guys like that, that I just knew I had to finish whatever I had left of this crappy chapter. I'm sorry. I love you guys I swear.

Like & Comment.

AKA, drag me to hell I deserve it.