- Turqouise Paradise

If you're lucky, you find that one person that makes everything an adventure

If you're lucky, you find that one person that makes everything an adventure. They make your heart race, adrenaline pump through your veins, and genuine smiles appear on your face. These people are not to be taken by advantage. They are to be cherished like a delicate flower, for they are a blessing to our painful shallow world. They are the deep oceans that hold secrets, dominate your world, gentle yet fierce.

***

September 10 2006, 5 years old

"Do you like my new dress finnie?" Millie said as she twirled the puffy peach skirt of her dress. Finn stared at her in awe, even though only 5 he always thought Millie was the most beautiful girl her ever laid eyes on.

"You look pretty Millie, pretty good." He said shrugging, as he tried to hide his adoration for the girl.

"Let's go outside! I want to see how it wooks in the sun." Millie said with excitement her golden pigtails bouncing up and down.

"Mills, you'll get in trouble by your mom." Finn said. She just shrugged and grabbed his hands leading him outside the back door into her so called paradise. The forest. Their little feet ran as fast as they could, running into the green world. Finn looked at the girl in front of him. Her short curly caramel hair coming undone from their pink bows. Her dress flowed back with the occasional sun brightening it. It looked angelic. Finally they made it to their spot. A turquoise pond with the soft golden sand catching the sunlight. Millie loved this place more than her own house, which is not saying much anyway. She let out a happy sigh and she immediately let go of Finns hand and walked to the shore. The cool water came in between her little toes as she sighed in satisfaction. Finn rolled up his pants and joined her. Smiles, laughter and unspoken love.

"No! Get it off!" Finn screamed squirming everywhere. They were on their way back and Millie found a little worm and put it on Finns shoulder, a hilarious tradition. Millie just laughed until she fell on the floor and stopped.

"Oh no." Finn said kneeling down to her. Millie looked at him and burst into more laughter, because of the shocked face he had as she was laying in the mud.

"Millie!" Finn said in shock putting his hand to his forehead. Millie just laughed harder.

"I-it's, ah, it's ok Finnie, it's just a dress." Millie said as she got up catching her breath and dusting off some of the dirt and skipping away happily. Finn still dazed by her calmness and showing no fear that her mom is probably going to scream at her when they got home, so he just followed slowly. He wasn't wrong.

"Millie Bobby Brown! Goodness look at your dress. I told you not to go outside, the one thing I told you not to do you did it! Don't you understand things cost money?!" Mrs. Brown screamed at Millie, with Finn standing beside her innocently feeling bad for the girl even though Millie didn't feel and ounce of guilt.

"Mom, I'm sorry, I just love the forest." Millie said fluttering her eyes and pouting her lip. Finn just looked at her, cute. How does her mom scream at such a pretty face? Mrs. Brown just shook her head.