- Blue Ink

The black ink rolled smoothly onto her olive skin

The black ink rolled smoothly onto her olive skin. Her mind wandering to different dimensions and shapes, which she transferred to her skin. The dry atmosphere and hushed conversations were masked by the sound of the air conditioning, keeping goosebumps fresh on the bodies of students. The clock ticked painfully slow as Millie's eyelids got heavier by the second, all which were soon awakened by the loud creaking of the door and the head of raven curls strolling in.

"Excuse you Mr.Wolfhard-." The teacher went to say but the charming stare of the student shut her up.

"I know Mrs. Buono, I'm late once again. But I have personal issues that need to be done before I care about my education." Finn slyly spoke out, just like the ease of the ink gliding on Millie's skin.Mrs. Buono raised a sharp brow.

"And what might your personal issues be?"

"Sleep." Finn smirked at his oh so smart remark which made the brunette girl across the room scoff. The class was filled with snickers as the teacher held a strong glare but giving up, not wanting to deal with a juvenile boy.

Millie took a pause from her artistic abyss and looked at the paper in front of her. Multiple equations and words filled the sheet. She bit her lip as her mind tried to decipher the puzzle of numbers. Millie was quick to finish and write her best thoughts on every empty line of the paper. When she lifted her aching hand she noticed the light blue smudges of ink. Millie grinned and ripped out a piece of lined paper and wrote her repetitive thoughts with her blue pen. My memory sure failed me on who you were, or maybe it was all this time. She stared down on it and placed her marked hand and left a blue smudge. Her thoughts quickly evaporated her as she crumpled the paper and the bell rung to dismiss the anxious students.

Millie walked along the crowd out the door quickly throwing the crumpled paper into the trash bin, but missing. No one noticed, not even her, but Finn did. A mischievous smirk grew on his face as he hurried to pick up the wrinkled paper. As he took apart the folded pieces he found the neatly written words of his ex best friend, Millie Bobby Brown. The blue ink contrasted against the paper as he read it, his eyebrows knitting together. My memory sure failed me on who you were, or maybe it was all this time. The boy had not the slightest clue on went in the mind of that brat but Finn couldn't help but feel that the smudged blue letters were meant for him. But if it was, who cares? Certainly not Finn Wolfhard.

***

Avoiding eye contact was what Millie was doing at 12:50 at her first lunch with Finn. The tension was high and everyone sensed it, but Finn just stared holes into the girl trying to annoy her but trying to figure out what she mean on that paper that fell.

"Would you please stop staring at me, it's quite disturbing." Millie pleaded once again in her proper British accent coating her words. Her hands we gripping onto the chipped corners of the oak tables, her head down. Finn kept a straight face as he sent his own remark back.

"Would you stop writing letters to me in class?" Finn stated as Millie's head shot up with squinted eyes.

"What are you talking about?" Millie knew exactly what he was talking about, but she recalled throwing her written feelings in the trash.

"This." Finn raised his eyebrows as he raised the blue smudged paper in his hand.

"Did you dig out of the trash because you're so obsessed with me?" Millie smirked as Finn made a face of disgust and threw the paper on the table.

"No, youre uncoordinated ass dropped in on the floor, and let's talk about how you're so obsessed with me that you write about me in class." Finn laughed as Millie's face dropped and she rolled her eyes.

"Who said it was about you?" Millie mumbled now feeling embarrassed and exposed.

"Have you read it? It's basically about me." Finn scoffed as Noah grabbed the slip of paper. His eyes scanned over it as he glanced at Millie's flustered and angered state.

"What? So I thought that when Finn came back I would get my friend back but I guess I was wrong, he's a dick." Millie said as she lifted her plastic tray of food and disposing it as she stormed out of the cafeteria, being humiliated enough already.

Everyone at the table looked at Finn who had a still expression. Caleb raised his eyebrows.

"What was that?" Caleb said as he pointed at direction Millie went. Finn shrugged, in his opinion Millie was being an emotional girl, taking everything so over the top. Sadie glared at him as she too walked out in search for her best friend.

***

Millie kicked the rocks on the rough pavement with the front of her worn down Converse. It was all to overwhelming for her. Everyday her soul yearned for her best friend the person who completed her in a way she's never felt before, and now he came back and he's the total opposite of anything she ever wanted. That wasn't Finn, it couldn't be. Soon enough she heard the light footsteps of another person.

"Hey, what happened in there?" Sadie asked as Millie just pursed her lips.

"I want my Finn back." Millie spoke with a high voice. Sadie grinned and rubbed her friends hunched back. Sadie knows how much Finn meant to her. Millie never quite fit in with the other girls, her short hair and quirky attitude made other girls think Millie was peculiar. Finn was the only one who ever accepted her in those times, he was the only one there for her when her mom would yell at Millie, or when her Dad passed away. Millie treasured people that have helped her and accepted her, she treasured the people who cared for her. Finn was her most prized possession. And now he's back but not the way she wanted at all.

"I know Mills, I know." Sadie cooed at Millie who was leaning on the redheads chest, letting her cashmere sent calm her. Millie sighed, her head aches from all the stress and cloud thoughts running through her every second. She stared down at her stained hand and one of her unconscious drawings caught her attention.

A key lock.

AN: i give the slowest updates everrr, and they're not even good and long. So I'm sorry but thank you for being so patient and for some of you actually enjoying this book. I can't promise quicker updates but now I sorta have an idea to where this can go.

- Dani 🌞