- The Unknown

Finn Wolfhard doesn't get fooled

***

"Hey you've been awfully quiet, isn't time you insult me of something." Millie said as she bumped into Finns bicep, Finn rolled his eyes.

"I'm fine, and I'm not insulting you because you get all sensitive about it and then don't shut the hell up." Finn said in a straight voice.

Millie looked up to him, taken aback from his outburst and she wasn't gonna lie. It kinda stung. Her cheeks burned in shame as she distances herself from his side and she looked down at her feet. Over the period of days that her and Finn have been, catching up. She's been happier. And from what she knows, he has been too. Little does she know that's not necessarily a good thing now.

Ever since they've left Mary's house, Finn has thought about some things. More specifically what Millie said at the dinner table. It was stupid and he shouldn't even care because if anything it was true and he caused it on himself. If anything he should be happy that she knew her place on what this whole "thing" between them was. But a growing part of Finn was really enjoying his time with Millie more than he'd like too. So when she said the reality of it all it was like a switch and now he knew his place too. Even though he has this strange feeling that he wants something more, something else.

But he has Iris, which he's completely ignored, and frankly he doesn't seem to care. So, frustrated Finn doesn't know what he wants. And that scares him, the unknown. But what he does know is that he wasn't gonna let himself have feelings for Millie. It took a lot in him to give in to being getting this close again, he let his guard down. And quite easily too, but Finn wasn't gonna let it go any further than this. He got fooled.

It was quite a interesting time the two had at Mary's house. A night that pushed them a little over the edge, into the reality that maybe they were getting too close, again.

Flashback:

After countless photo albums and humiliation, "dinner" came. Mary obviously wasn't expecting guests so with the help of Millie and the occasional help of Finn who just came by to taste, they made a simple grilled chicken and salad.

"Finn you know Millie comes by every week to keep me company and cooks with me." Mary voiced in amusement after minutes of their metal utensils clicking against their plates, and quiet hums of praise for the food.

"Yeah um she told me." Finn grew stiff, not really knowing how to interact with his mother and not go to his usual rude aura. There was a loud silence as Millie smiled as she sensed both Mary's and Finns nervousness.

"Well Finn has been keeping me company these past days. He's been..." Millie trailed off as she looked to her side and faced Finn. He was chewing as he looked at her with a surprised face, not knowing what to expect.