A Miracle

A Miracle

It's been three weeks after her back surgery and Emma can finally walk again. Re-explaining everything to Jack was hard, but soon he understood.

Standing in her classroom, Emma looks around at the students, all playin together, except Jack. He wasn't entirely sure he liked the other kids. Sure, he would ask one for a certain crayon or actually sleep at nap time now, but he avoided them with precision.

Heading home after work, John catches himself truly thinking of what he wants. He loves Emma. All she is. All she has to offer, but does he want to marry her? Is he really all about that? Could he even do it again. Sure, he thinks. She makes Jack feel better and himself, but is that enough? How can she become what he needs, if he doesn't know what he needs?

Almost running a red light he halts at the intersection and the guy behind him blows his horn.

How is any if this going to work? Maybe he loved her before cause he pittied her. Maybe he secretly wanted her in a wheelchair forever. At least when she's in a wheelchair she needs him. Terrible. Terrible of him to even think that. But couldn't it be true? No. He loved her before the accident and he loves her now.

Getting to his office, John is shocked to see a woman from his past sitting in his office chair with her feet up on the desk.

"Hey Johnny." The brunette with green eyes and a thin build, finally stands and walks over to him.

"Allie.... what are you doing here?" The woman tucks herself into his grasp and lays a head upon his shoulder, kissing his neck.

"I came to see you. Didn't you miss me?" John can't help but feel the uncomfortableness setting in. He hasn't seen her since before his wedding day. It was a horrid mistake. When the others stayed out all night he found himself driving over to her apartment building. He'd slept with her. Cheated. That's what he had done to his soon to be wife. How shameful it was.

"Allie, it's been six years. I think I'm well over you now. And you should be over me."

"Johnny, I haven't stopped thinking about you for those six years."

"Well you shouldn't have. I was married. I'm...." How does he tell her that he's engaged? Does he even want to be. Allie was perfect for him. They really cared about each other. Part of him thinks he would've left Julie for Allie if she hadn't gotten pregnant the year after they got married.

"I have a daughter." Allie throws into the mix her secret an part of the real reason she came back to John.

"Congratulations, I'm sure the father is proud."

"You should be...." John stops from going to his desk. He turns back an looks at Allie.

"No. No..."

"I was going to tell you, but after yer honeymoon you refused to answer my phone calls and refused to see me."

"I was just married. And expecting my son! How was I supposed to explain you to my wife?"

"I was alone! I spend out daughters life trying to raise her to the fullest! She's five and she needs a father!" Allie steps closer and John is forced against his desk.

"Listen I have my own five year old, I had to raise all alone. I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you, but I'm engaged and there's nothing between us any more. I can pay you child support for the years missed, but we are nothing but separate parents." He hates being so mean, but he will not be unfaithful for a second time in his life.

"Will you at least meet her?"

"No. No. It's best if I don't do that." He straightens his desk up and goes to his check book and prepares to write her a check for the years missed.

"Keep yer money! I just thought our lil girl could get to know her father before she dies of her leukemia." Allie tries to run out the door crying, but John stops her.

"Wha...what?" He crashes in his seat.

"Yes. Our daughter's dying and her last wish was to meet you! But I guess I'll have to once again disappoint her." John gets up and pulls Allie into his arms, where she cries. He can't help but feel the small pang of love reenter his life. After a few minutes, Allie looks up and kisses John on his lips. He tries to pull himself away at first, but he can't resist her touch.

Backing her up against the wall, John puts a his left hand up her skirt and the other's in her hair. She shoves her tongue in his mouth and one hand of hers slips in his pants and starts stroking his member. The groans and presses against her. She moans at the feel of him against her aching sex.

Back at school, Emma has released the kids to her parents and Jack is sitting on the floor looking at a book.

"Jackson, it's time to go sweetie." Jack looks up at her and lays his head on the floor and sighs. "Jack what's wrong?"

He points to the family, who has a dog, in his book. She kneels next to him and he keeps pointing at the dog.

"Well, I don't know if daddy would want one, but... ya know we could surprise him." Jack smiles and they head to her car.

They head to the humane shelter, where Jack and Emma try out many different dogs of different sizes. They decide to go with a 2 year old, Old English Sheep dog named Tugs.

"Let's go surprise daddy at his office!" Emma starts the car and Tugs sits in the back with Jack.

Back in the office, things are heating up more. They have cleared off his desk an have started to have sex. Laying on her back, John thrusts in and out of her as she moans and holds into the sides of his desk. Halfway through, the door opens up and Jack, Emma, and tugs all stop and see the horror of John fucking a woman they don't know.

"Emma!" John says in shock. Emma says nothing. She throws a book she bought him and it hits him in the head. She grabs Jack's hand and the dog leash and they briskly walk out of the office and back to the car. "Emma!"

John pulls out of Emma and pulls his pants back up. He runs out and catches her just before she leaves.

"Emma! Emma wait! Please." Emma stops and he gets closer. He steps to her and she punches him square in the face as he cries and leaves him in the parking lot, nose bleeding and heart breaking.