I'll Always Be Here

On our way to the hospital I couldn't even think straight my mind was everywhere's. Dave was driving which I'm surprised he was even capable of. Emma was a complete mess she had been crying ever since the police man showed up at the door. Dave kept his hand on Emma's knee trying to keep her calm. I couldn't cry, I couldn't even talk. I think I was in shock.

We arrived at the hospital and we walked up the the receptionists desk.

"I'm looking for my son Luke James." Dave said to the nurse.

The nurse looked at her computer before telling us he was on floor 3 room 164. We rushed up and I was so nervous. A doctor was just leaving Luke's room when we arrived. He explained that Luke had head trauma and might possibly have memory loss. Only one person was aloud to go in at a time and Emma and Dave insisted I go in. I walked into Luke's room and there he was laying on his bed looking lifeless. He had machines all around him beeping and making noises and he had bruises and cuts all over his body and gauze rapped around his head. He looked horrible.

I sat down in the chair next to his bed and took his hand in mine. I looked up at his beautiful face and moved his hair out of his face.

"Luke, I'm scared. I need you right now and I know for once you probably need me more than I need you and I'm here. I will always be here for you and I just really need you to wake up. Your doctor said you're in a coma and you could wake up any minute or it could be months. I can't wait months to see your smile Luke. As much as this hurts I'm going to stay strong for you."

Then I felt Luke's hand move in mine. No way. Maybe I just imagined that. Then he started to move around.

"Luke it's okay, I'm here. It's me Skyy. Can you open your eyes for me?"

He started to open his eyes slightly and he I saw his eyes brighten when he saw me.

"S-Skyy." His voice was all raspy.

"It's okay Luke I'm here."

"Where am I?" He asked.

"Your in the hospital. You got in a car accident. How do you feel?" I asked.

"I don't remember anything, last thing I remember was asking you out on a first date. My head is sore." He tired to sit up but hissed in pain.

"Luke don't move. Here baby lay down. That's it. You need to rest."

Luke smiled and held his hand out to me. I took it with a smile on my face.

"Can you lay with me?" He asked.

As much as I wanted to his parents wanted to see him and I should probably tell a doctor he was awake.

"I'll be right back."

He looked sad and kind of scared.

"Are you leaving?"

"No I have to tell your doctor your awake I will be right back I promise."

I walked out to find Luke's parents and a doctor.

Emma and Dave looked up as I walked out, they were talking to Luke's doctor.

"He's awake."

They all walked into the room and I went back to holding Luke's hand beside his bed. He looked a little nervous. So much for having one person at a time in a room. I guess the doctor didn't mind.

"Hi Luke, I see your awake. How do you feel?" The doctor asked.

He looked nervous and he looked over to me. I squeezed his hand and gave him a reassuring smile.