Run Away

Luke and I arrived home to a nervous looking Emma and Dave. They were sitting at the kitchen island. Luke must have noticed too because he pulled me into the kitchen to talk to them.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

Emma was the first to speak.

"The police called today... They've spotted your father Skyy."

I perked right up at Emma's words. This was good news. Now that they've found him they can drag his ass to jail.

"That's great!" I exclaimed.

Emma frowned.

"Well you see Skyy they haven't got him yet. They just spotted him in public."

"Where did they spot him?" I asked.

I wondered how far he got from here. He was probably on the run trying to get away from all his problems.

"Uhm well they saw him... Outside of your school." Emma managed to get out.

My jaw hit the floor. There's no way he's still trying to get to me. Is there?

Before I even realized what was happening I was having a full blown anxiety attack. I haven't got one in awhile. I felt like I couldn't breath and everything around me just froze in time. I finally snapped out of it and I was sitting on the floor with Luke's warm arms wrapped around my shaking body.

"L-Luke." I stuttered.

He released his grip a little to look down at my face.

"Yes?"

"He's coming to get me." I squeaked out.

Luke's embrace tightened on my once again. He began rubbing his hands up and down my back.

"Shh. No he's not Skyy. Not if I have anything to do with it." He growled.

His words made me relax slightly. I knew he would do anything to protect me. If made me feel loved, but at the same time I didn't want my father hurting Luke because of me. He was a dangerous man and I have no doubt he would kill to get what he wanted.

I had to get out of here until my father got caught. I couldn't risk him coming to Luke's house and hurting Luke or his parents. I would never forgive myself. So I decided right then and there that I was going to leave tomorrow. I had enough money in my bank account to stay at a cheap motel for awhile. I wouldn't tell Luke where I was staying because he would come get me. I know for a fact he would.

"I'm really tired. I think I'm going to go to bed now." I said to Luke.

"Really? It's only 7:30" he said.

"Yea I'm just really tired. Thank you for taking me skating. I had an amazing time." I said pecking Luke's lips and heading up to his room.

I wanted to get to bed early so I could wake up early and pack some of my things and leave without anyone knowing.

*************************************

My phone read 5:34am. It was time to get up and leave. This was it. I knew I would be back but I didn't know how long it would take for the police to find my dad. I packed my things and left a note for Luke explaining my disappearance on his nightstand beside his bed. He was still fast asleep in bed and I needed to leave before he woke up.

I made my way down the road. I didn't bother taking my car because Luke probably needed it more than me for traveling back and forth from school. I think his parents were going to get him a car soon though. They had enough money to at least.

I came up to a older looking run down motel just on the outside of town. This was going to have to do for now. Home sweet home.

****Luke's P.O.V****

I woke up to find Skyy had already woken up. She must of been in the shower. I checked my bathroom but it was empty. I came walking downstairs looking for her.

"Skyy!" I hollered.

No answer.

Mom and dad were already at work so the house was quiet. I walked back up to my room feeling a little worried. I then noticed a piece of paper sitting on my nightstand. I opened it to find Skyy's handwriting.

Dear Luke,

I know you're probably confused right now as to why I'm not home. I feel like I am just going to bring hurt and pain to your family if I stay. I would never be able to forgive myself if my dad ever hurt you or your parents. I will come back when my dad is caught. Until now I cannot tell you where I am because I need for you and your family to be safe. I hope you're not mad and understand why I'm doing this.

Love, Skyy