Back Again

A month had gone by and Luke and I were still dating and things were going quite well. Luke was completely healed. He still had scars which he didn't like at all but he was getting through it. I kept reminding him that they meant nothing to me. After all he looked past all my flaws and I knew I could look past his mini ones.

We had been back to school and we surprisingly didn't fall behind too much. The jocks never bothered with me anymore because Luke was always with me. He was like my personal body guard.

"So how about we have a date night tonight?" Luke asked as we were leaving school.

Luke had finally been able to take me out on our first date. He wanted us to be fully healed first so we waited and now we go out a lot. It makes Luke happy to get out of the house.

"Sure. Where to" I asked.

"How about the movies?"

"That sounds wonderful."

Luke grabbed my hand and gave me his signature smile. That smile always made me weak in the knees.

We got home and I thought it would be nice to make dinner for Dave and Emma. Just as a thanks for all they have done for me.

While I was cooking I felt two arms wrap around my waist.

"What are you making?" Asked Luke.

"This pasta recipe, my mom always used to make it when I was little and it was my favourite. I thought I'd make it for your family."

"You know you didn't have to do that."

"But I wanted to." I said smiling.

"Well if it makes you happy I can't disagree there, but I have one question."

"What?"

"Does it have tomatoes in it?"

"Yes why?" I asked.

"Oh well I'm kind of uhm allergic to them. It's no big deal I'll just get something for myself."

At that moment I just wanted to cry. After all this work and Luke couldn't even eat it.

"I'm so sorry Luke. I'm such an idiot I should've asked if you were allergic to anything." I exclaimed.

"It's fine. I can just make something else it's not a big deal. Why are you crying?"

I hadn't realized I was actually crying. Luke took his sweater sleeve and wiped away my tears.

"I just wanted to do something for your family because they've done so much for me and I wanted it to be perfect."

He hugged me tightly as I nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck.

"How about we let mom and dad have this alone and I will take you out for dinner before we go to the movies. They would love a dinner by themselves."

I couldn't help but smile Luke always knew how to cheer me up.

"That sounds wonderful. Now I need to finish this before they get home then we can go get some food that you're not allergic to."

"Okay that sounds good babe."

Luke was about to leave the kitchen before I asked him.

"Luke just if I wanted to cook anything else again are you or your parents allergic to anything else?"

"No, just me and tomatoes. I'm allergic to bees and so is mom but I don't think you would feed us bees or at least I hope not." He said with smirk.